Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 12 MREs that I want to get rid of. I think they would be great for camping, fishing or hunting trips. Look at what meals in a bag go for!:eek:

If some one wants them make me an offer for 6 or all 12. If they sell you can get them at the 'MWT get to gether' and all the money goes to DSGs fundraiser or I'll send them to you and all except for shipping will go to DSG.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are all meat involved ones as Karries brother took all the veggie only ones and left me his meat ones. Exactly what I do not know as I sit here on my butt, they are out at the land. I will go look if someone is interested though.

·
Registered
70,350 Posts
I think I found my answer........................MRE Shelf Life

Degrees in F
Months

Below 60
Data not available

Avoid fluctuating temperatures in and out of freezing level.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did not realize that temp would affect them that much. Some have been in the gargae for 2 months and the temp in there has been close to 100 a couple of times. I guess if anyone wants them they would want to use them this year or next for sure.

·
Registered
13,802 Posts
Originally posted by Mailman
Do you happen to know the shelf life on those things? I know the old C rations are good for......for.......ever!
MM, you know danged good and well, that C rations were NEVER good! Ham and lima beans! I rest my case!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SOLD! But Hayzer made a bid also. If I have more than 12 their yours if you want them for $1.666 Hayzer! Or maybe you and Mailman can divey them up as your taste buds desire! I'll get em together and give them all to Mailman next time he is down, then squre up with DSG.

·
Registered
70,350 Posts
We are heading for Table Rock for a 4 day camp out over Labor Day weekend so those just may come in handy. Mrs. Mailman and I will be down before then to go through the camper with our check list on things needed. These MRE's will cut down on our grocery list for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.