Mowers old and new

Discussion in 'Social Club 2011' started by hunter7x, May 22, 2009.

1. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Some of you "idol" guys might not understand a lot of the terms used on this thread so I'll include pictures too. :D

16 years ago I bought a brand spankin new 18 hp Simplicity tractor. Man was she sweet! I mowed about 3 acres at the time. 48" deck all hydrolic everything, I washed her and waxed her and kept her looking brand new.
    And then I had to leave her as part of my divorce...it was a sad occasion. Leaving my tractor I mean.

About 3 years ago while picking up my son I noticed a new ZTR mower at the Ex's house. I said what did you do with the Simplicity? Its out in the barn if you want it you can have it!
    Reunited! I was estatic, that is until I saw her. Talk about negelected, NO maintenance what so ever done on her by my ex husband in law the entire time she was in his care. Poor thing hadnt even had a bath since I gave her the last one.

This is what she looks like now.

[file]58074[/file]

2. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Looks like you have a project to work on.

3. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    "Reunited and it feels so good" to be read in your best singing voice.:D

4. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    man what a shame, i know how much a man can love his mower, i have a deere ztr 63 inch cut, i hate to see it dirty

5. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    ex husband inlaw, that is so much gayer than watching Idol.:D

Glad you got her back and cleaned her up.:eek::

6. CLIFFHANGER

CLIFFHANGER Active Member

Sorry to hear about the Mower`s condition but at least ya got it back! Hope You can put it back in shape:pop:

7. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    So I brought her home and cleaned her up best I could. She was in pretty rough shape, leaking oil and hydorlic fluid, leaking tires, part of the deck broken, dead battery, blades all chipped and dull, seat broken...
    But I nursed her for 3 years. Until last weekend. I have one steep hill I mow and while heading down hill on her, the front of the frame broke. She had finally mowed her last.

SO I went mower shopping. I looked at green ones, yellow ones black ones, silver ones, red ones. Thats what it seemed like aftter looking at them, just different colors. They all had Kohler motors, all with the same basic warranty, all hydrostatic drive...so I bought a yellow one.

[file]58076[/file]

8. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    I honestly wasnt too excited, or too confident it would cut to my standards.

But I was pretty impressed! For an $1800.00 lawn tractor it does pretty good. Lots of safety features and a little gizmo you attach your garden hose to and it cleans under the deck.

[file]58078[/file]

9. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    and it has another feature I really like... :D

[file]58082[/file]

10. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    That's a pretty nice feature....:drunk:

The X should be incarcerated for lawn mower neglect....:thinking:

11. TOBRYAN

TOBRYAN Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    Yes looks good and congrats, looks like a fine cutting machine. I agree though I wouldnt by anything on 4 wheels without a refreshment holder!!:drunk::2thumbsup:

12. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    [rquote=1271456&tid=89027&author=callaojoe]That's a pretty nice feature....:drunk:

The X should be incarcerated for lawn mower neglect....:thinking:[/rquote]

yes he should! I was over there the other day and their yard looked pretty shaggy, I asked Jake why it hadnt been mowed, he said Oh Trent ran over a basketball with the mower and broke something on the deck!!!!

How do you run over a BASKETBALL with a riding mower!!?? :rof2:

13. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1271463&tid=89027&author=hunter7x]
    How do you run over a BASKETBALL with a riding mower!!?? :rof2:[/rquote]

That is what I was thinkin...... Is he cutting grass, or mowing hay?:stickfight:

14. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    sweet mower,like the kohler motors

15. Good looking mower Hunter

Does that one have the hose hook up on the deck to clean underneath the deck

:cheers:

16. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    [rquote=1271541&tid=89027&author=looking_for_guns]Good looking mower Hunter

Does that one have the hose hook up on the deck to clean underneath the deck

:cheers: [/rquote]

yep

17. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I picked up a Cub Cadet a couple of years ago. On that all important feature of the beverage holder....gotta keep your hand over the sip'n hole on those windy days. The grass clippings sometimes gets in there. I don't care for salad with my barley pop.

Just be careful not to shift her into reverse to quick. It will throw off the drive belt into the blades. That is the only maintenance I have had to do is replace the belt after cutting it up into 10 pieces.

I do wish that they would make it cut in reverse instead of shutting off the blades.

[file]58116[/file]

18. hun10

hun10 Senior Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Up A Creek
    [rquote=1271707&tid=89027&author=Mailman]I picked up a Cub Cadet a couple of years ago. On that all important feature of the beverage holder....gotta keep your hand over the sip'n hole on those windy days. The grass clippings sometimes gets in there. I don't care for salad with my barley pop.

Just be careful not to shift her into reverse to quick. It will throw off the drive belt into the blades. That is the only maintenance I have had to do is replace the belt after cutting it up into 10 pieces.

I do wish that they would make it cut in reverse instead of shutting off the blades.

[/rquote]

My dad just bought a brand new one and it has that feature. He gave me his old one that was only 50 hours over warranty. So basically we both have new mowers. They are some fine machines. I love mine. :cheers:

19. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    yes they now havea cut in reverse ferature. You have to flip a switch and push a button to make it work but its nice.

20. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Plus.....when I have to stop for a new "drink" the mower shuts off when I lift my behind off the seat....:thinking:.....guess I could have the Hooters girl hand me one...:cheers:..