Movement in the wind?

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by dompeters84, Oct 27, 2010.

1. dompeters84

dompeters84 New Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Hey guys. I'm curious how the movement has been the last few days? Has the wind slowed it down? I'll be out there in the morning. I am sitting all day Friday, sat, and Sunday... What can I expect?

2. letemgrow

letemgrow Active Member

I never see much movement with winds this bad...5-10 mph winds are my favorites.

3. boatcaptain

boatcaptain Active Member

May 31, 2010
    ELM TREE MO
    Looks like everyone should have a great weekend. Sun to partly cloudy winds light. Thats what the puter is telling me on 7 day forcast.:claphands:

4. dompeters84

dompeters84 New Member

Jun 10, 2008
    I can't wait!! Hope the buck get on there feet. The old lady just bought some trick or treat candy for the kiddos and I believe some of it will end up in my huntin pack. You got to have some snacks when your sitting in a stand all day.

5. Mofireman39

Mofireman39 New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Lets just say that in the last four days, I hunted 6 different times! Only on 2 of the hunts did I see any deer. The other 4 hunts, I was skunked!! Could be a lot of other factors besides the wind though....full moon phase, the property I hunt, blah blah blah!

Just saying what my experience was in the last few days. It looks as though things for this weekend will be much more improved though. :2thumbsup:

MoFire

6. dompeters84

dompeters84 New Member

Jun 10, 2008
    FROST Friday morning!! Woot woot!

7. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    The tree I sat in last night moved just fine. :wave:

8. Jeet

Jeet New Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Don't recall the deer moving. It did rock me to sleep, though. I love my HSS.:D

9. t-tomshooter

t-tomshooter Senior Member

Apr 17, 2010
    deer county
    deer were on there feet at 9am this morning, they were feeding in a bean field and i grunted in the only buck to 15yrds he would of been a shooter but didnt have a trace of brows so he was a big 3x3!!!! gonna go to the new spot tonight with the decoy:claphands:

10. Jethro

Jethro New Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Gerald, Mo
    I was out all day yesterday and the wind was whipping I only saw 3 turkey and no deer. I was getting sea sick cause my tree was moving so much :whinging:

11. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    Deer were and are moving(hey don't really have the luxury not to with winter coming!