Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· just a no body
16,067 Posts
:bangin: yea so..ther are mtn lions in mo..the mdc has chosen in the past to denie such alligations. I have a friend who live's in Otterville said he saw 2..maybe not breeding pairs but he saw 2 not far from the Lamine rver. I have no reason to not believe him..he's not a liar or one to exaggeratte. The MDC now has a pamplet on what to do if you see a mtn lion or approached by one..evidently they know what the truth is.

more poo poo from the columbia press

· Registered
8,764 Posts
Missouri has Mountain Lions???:eek: Tell me it ain't so.:roll2:

Jack

· Registered
11,905 Posts
I saw a large black cat with a long tail

Cross the road in front of me in Camden county as I was coming in from the morning deer hunt. So I ask one of the locals what it was.

He told me that there had been a black female panther in the area for 2-3 years and that other neighbors have reported seeing her with cubs.

Taking a 357 mag on my bow hunts (its legal on your own land) became the norm for me after that.

Another true story,
GH

· Registered
11,905 Posts
PS

They say we dont have black bears either but the one my wife saw while I was out hunting proceeded to the smoke house in Osage Beach and broke into it.

The MDC then said that it had been in the area for awhile and not bothering anyone so they left it alone.

They then captured it and done what ever they do with them.

That one was for you PM.

:wave:

· Registered
777 Posts
Originally posted by Ghost Hunter
They say we dont have black bears either but the one my wife saw while I was out hunting proceeded to the smoke house in Osage Beach and broke into it.

The MDC then said that it had been in the area for awhile and not bothering anyone so they left it alone.

They then captured it and done what ever they do with them.

That one was for you PM.

:wave:
actually they don't deny there are bears in MO anymore. I was at a meeting about mountain lions in NE MO this year and they stated that yes we have bears and they are becoming more of a problem. In a one on one conversation with one of the biologist afterwards he mentioned that there has been talk about "possibly" starting a season with limited tags in the future to control the population. Just my .02

· PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
i ain't ever going out in the dark again:rotfl:till about five tommorrow.i'd like to see one here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.