Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, but thanks. If you have the space, it's very easy, dig out the meat, spread on cardboard and pin, cover with lots of salt, then wait. When it's done I remove the salt and cover with a mix of borax and arm and hammer laundry soap for about two weeks. I buried the head for about a week (I like the head cause you can see where the pellets hit, this one has one stuck between it's eyes). I put the feet in a standing position. I saved breast feathers for the middle part. I made a T shape with 2 x 6s and screwed everything in with dry wall screws. I cut a circle of cardboard and screwed it in the middle to cover the wing ends. Then using a hot glue gun, attached the beard and the circle of breast feathers. I also screwed the shell in between the legs. About an hour...messy but very easy.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Very nice! That sure is unique. I like it!

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Now thats a sweet mount!
Nice work!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
WOW..that is unique. It kinda looks as though the turk was flattened...:bangin: Cool though!:cheers:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
Very cool 4 sure!

BTH

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.