Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the 100 buck version of the moultrie well the stupid power button broke out of it and i dont have the sales recipt so basically i am out of luck. Do you think if i found something that would poke the sensor in the cam do you think it would work

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
What kind of button is it, the little round rubber ones or the plastic knob type. I have an old Moultrie here that got flooded and I may have a button for you.

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
BH4L, u2u at ya.

·
Hawk Hibernator
2,080 Posts
That button is for taking photo's like a regular camera isnt it? I never use those but Moultrie puts those on their camera's......

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
i would call them and be pushy.

if you dont get good customer service I WONT buy another $300 camera from em.

You tell em JustBob said you better get taken care of OR ELSE!

Seriously pressure them. That sales receipt is BS. Everyones human.

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
The sales receipt is not BS. It is to verify the date of purchase. If you registered your camera with moultri when you bought it, then there is no need for the receipt as they know the dat. However, if you didn't the receipt will verify that the camera is still within the one year warranty. Just good business. Nobody honors warranties that have expired.

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
I had that same issue with Moultrie, lost my receipt on a cam that was a few months old. I found it much easier to deal with Cabelas where I bought it, they gave me store credit for the purchase price since it was one of their Outfitter cams that were only sold at Cabelas.

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
I've have about 7 Moultrie cams. Whenever one had a problem, which has only been a couple times, I have dealt straight with Moultrie and never had a problem, unless it wasn't registered and I did not have a receipt.

Point of the story. If you have an electronic item, either register it or keep a file with receipts on items like this. Can't fault a business for good, sound practices.

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
Originally posted by Sidewinder

Point of the story. If you have an electronic item, either register it or keep a file with receipts on items like this. Can't fault a business for good, sound practices.
Good point, and I agree, don't lose those receipts. :cheers:

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
BH4L, You weren't but others were. I think thewy are great cameras. Especially for the money. My pockets aren't deep enough for most og th cameras. Esp[ecially the IRs.

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
I've got no problem with them either, the one I bought in 04 is still working like a champ. But, same as with most of the lower end cams, you will have to send a certain percentage of them back. I think in a couple more years you'll see some really good cams come out on the lower end of the market, IE Moultrie and StealthCam.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts