moultrie 4.0

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by carbonslinger, May 21, 2009.

1. carbonslinger

carbonslinger New Member

Dec 25, 2008
    bethany,mo
    was wandering if anyone has ever used one of these cameras and if there wearth a darn.i just bought one and it looks good but i was just seeing if anyone ever used one.

2. buffalo12888

buffalo12888 Active Member

Aug 25, 2008
    franklin county
    I have three of them and for the money i say there the best resoanable camera ive ever used

3. 90acres

90acres The good ole days

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    I've been using one for two years and it gets me the info I need, though I think I'm going to buy me one of them solar chargers for it.

4. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    I have 3. Mine run on 6 D cell batteries and as long as it isn't freezing cold the batteries last for almost 2 months. Pic quality is decent....I got mine on sale at wally world last year for 70 bucks each.

5. citybowhunter

citybowhunter Senior Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Independence Mo.
    I have 3 of them myself. Battery life is good unless it's freezing out. Don't be surprised if they don't last a year for you. Keep your receipt and they'll fix it or repair it if it's less than one year old.

They may not be as dependable as some other brands but i won't feel as bad if it gets stolen since i didn't pay that much for it anyway. I spent the 70 bucks on the solar charger, 15 dollars times two for sd cards and 40 bucks for a antitheft bracket so i guess i will feel like chit if it's stolen after all.

I don't think you'll regret getting one and if this is your first one you won't really have buyers remorse since you didn't pay in the hundreds for it.

6. FisherBoy

FisherBoy New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Central Missouri
    I got a Moultrie Game Spy D-40 as a gift a couple of years ago, and the only gripe I had was the poor battery life. If yours has an external 12-volt port on the side of it, I'd recommend taking the camera to Radio shack and sizing up a plug for it, then rig some wiring to some alligator clips. I use a 2Gb SD card and have been hooking mine up to an old deep cycle battery that doesn't hold it's charge very well. It's been lasting over 4 months without a recharge. It sure beats buying 6 D-cells every 3 weeks. I want to say mine took somewhere in the neighborhood of 700 pics and was still showing 99% battery life. Just a thought.

7. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I have a moultrie and can second all the comments on battery life.

The only gripe I have is the brackets are cheap... dont crank to hard on a ratchet strap if thats what your using... they'll break.

8. northmobigbuck

northmobigbuck New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    Carroll County Mo
    got 3 also and plan on getting 2 more