Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I checked the cams today, one moultrie had 253 pics the other one had 23. I'm extremely impressed with the Moultrie 200, I was skeptical after buying the Moultire100 and being very dissapointed as far as trigger reaction. But the these two new 200's have already paid for themselves in a matter of a month. The 200's only weakness that I can see, is the camera is so sensitive it will trigger off the moving branches and weeds in front of the camera when the wind blows, so u have to really clean up the area good if your putting it on a open feild. Most of the pics on this camera were of the same deer, It's overlooking a new salt lick, and I poured some wheat midge out around it to help get the deer using it quicker. Here's a few pics, nothing impressive yet, but hopefully soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
another pic, This buck hangs out there a lot, Flash doesn't spook him for sure, must have 30 pics of this buck alone

Attachments

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Nice pics....

I'm just not a fan of the HUGE white area around the eyes that result from the Moultrie fash.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Some nice pics there goldtip!
Thanks for sharing!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Great pics..

That flash dealy? Yea.. it kinda depends on what you want the camera to do.

Do you want to try to pattern deer, see whats out there, ect or do you just
want fancy hi-quality pics as a hobby.. or both?? dunno.

For what I want a cam to do, that camera would be just fine, I guess. I aint out to
get frameable hi-res pics (although they are neat).. I guess its just my way of talking
myself out of spending a lot of bucks for one!

I'm kinda gunshy about blowing big coin on another one, seeings how I just had one
kiped. :banghead:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Goldtip--the pics look good to me. As I just posted in another thread, I am in the market for a "less expensive" unit, to replace one that was stolen. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your 200 and where did you purchase it? I know there have been tons of problems with the Moultrie 100 units, as documented at Chasingame.com, but I had not heard much about the 200. Any additional info and advice you have regarding that unit would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
17,340 Posts
Crusader i got one at bp for $160 last year. they are still the same price and i have had some problems with min but i had it setup with the sun facing it and now i figured it out and have great pics coming in

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought 2 of them off the internet (ebay) . I went ahead and added some accesories to the package. I got 5 Rechargeable moultrie 6 volt batterys, 2 solar panels, 2 plug in chargers, bungee cords to mount to tree with, a great improvement over the old strings, and all the cords to plug into tv and computer, shipped mto my door for $400.00 Big Bear outdoors on ebay is where I bought mine. I emailed them at 10:00 at night and told them what I wanted and by 11:00 they had done e mailed me back and gave me a total. Great people to deal with and fast shipping. By far the best deal I found when u order a couple or more things.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.