Mossberg 835

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Goldtip, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Goldtip

Goldtip New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Santa Fe MO
    My wife has finally Broke down and said go get you an 835, (after a lot of begging) . So after visiting and calling several Wal-Mart's I've found out all of them are carrying the 835 in Mossy Oak break up camo pattern. I've got nothing against Mossy Oak camo but I've just always wanted one in realtree hardwoods. I asked Wal-Mart if they could order me one in realtree and they say it is only available in breakup this year. What really ticks me off is there is a new 500 right beside it in realtree camo. So does anybody kinow where I can get an 835 in realtree camo for the same low dollar as wal mart. I may just be stuck with break up!

2. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    goldtip, did all the wally worlds tell you their only doin em in 1 pattern or was it just one?

3. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    The 500 will get the job done too if you can't find 835........:)

4. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Great Guns in Kearney, MO has the best prices going, and they'll order in what you want (quick) if they don't have it. :wave:

Parker

5. MATTG

MATTG Member

Dec 8, 2005
    MID-MO
  6. X Bow T

X Bow T Original Cafe'Member

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
    What about the 535. The Marines can't be wrong.

7. Goldtip

Goldtip New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Santa Fe MO
    Rebel all the wal-marts did tell me they could only get it in one pattern, Moberly, Mexico, Columbia. But according to what Matt found on the wally world website they do make it. THere is a price difference between that gun and the one in wal mart. 299 in store vs 326 on the website. I'm going to print it out and take it out there tommorow after work and see what they say this time. I hope the same guy is out there that told me he couldn't get that anymore.:stickfight:

8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Keep us posted Goldtip.. I dont gun shop at wal mart (no reason, other than selection) but I would be interested in what you find out and what level of satisfaction you get.

9. Goldtip

Goldtip New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Santa Fe MO
    Yeah if they give me any grief about it tommorow I'm gonna be done with them! THe guy out here at the local wal-mart is just flat lazy!!! Hopefully I get someone who doesn't mind working a little.

10. MATTG

MATTG Member

Dec 8, 2005
    MID-MO
    Goldtip,

When you go ask to see the binder of guns that you can order. My dad bought the 835 on Saturday at Wal-Mart and while we were waiting for the security to clear I looked through it myself. Atleast that way you will know what you can get and what colors are available. I was surprised at how many guns you can order through them.

Good Luck
    Matt

11. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    I think that last sentence is becoming harder and harder to find.
    They seem to be going to the way side with most other businesses and the defination of customer service.

12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    hthrly.. you said a mouthful there. I agree 1000%.

Try shopping at a wally world in st. louis county. 95% of the time you will get zero friendly customer service. I'm not much of a wal mart guy in the first place... sorry to hijack the topic as I know there have been other threads dealing with wallyworld.

:smiley: anxiously awaiting goltips report!

13. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Rat I spent 45 minutes in wally world about a month ago to buy one thing. I knew what I was getting and walked straight in the door and right to it. I needed one of the large carts to get it out with and a helper would have been nice. After the 4th page for a stock person to help me this little old lady comes up to me. No joke she was 4' tall, blue hair about 80 pounds!! She asked if I was the one needing a stock persons help. I laughed and said sweetheart you find me a cart and I will get it out of here myself ! lol
    She was a fiesty gal though, kind of added some humor to my mood at least.

14. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Steve.. you never know. That little ol gal may have been able to carry you in one arm and that big ol tv (or whatever it was) in the other arm! Never underestimate those feisty gals!:cheers:

15. MO Boy

MO Boy New Member

Jul 24, 2004
    pettis county
    Spend some more money and get the 935, then tell my sister to get over it!!!!

Don't tell her I said that either.:peepwall::stickfight::behead:

MO Boy:wave:

16. Goldtip

Goldtip New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Santa Fe MO
    Well things didn't go as quite planned, I printed out the sheet off Wal Mart.com of the 835 with Realtree camo, I did notice on the paper before I went out there, it said NA beside model #. It was a new guy I had never dealt with before. I told him I wanted to order that shotgun and handed him the paper, he got out the book and said he didn't see it available in the book. He showed me the book and It clearly showed the 835 was only available in the new breakup. The 500 had like 6 different camo patterns, but the 835 had only one. So then since the book had nothing the guy got on the phone and called some people and he got the same results over the phone. SO I had him get the breakup 835 out of the cabinet, and the more I looked at it the more I liked it( I looked at it for like 5mins) I finally just said get the paper work out. 15 minutes later I was handed my new Mossberg outside the wal mart door. So I'm happy now, with my new shotgun. The only thing that bothers me me is that Wal Mart needs to take the 835 with realtree HD green off ther website if they can't get it.

17. Goldtip

Goldtip New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Santa Fe MO
    Mo boy what are u trying to get me divorced! I'm lucky enough I got her talked into letting me buy this one!

18. hilldoh

hilldoh New Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I bought a Benelli Nova from GREAT GUNS in Kearney Mo for $300. I owned an 835 before that and loved the gun, but like my Benelli even more! Go do business with a local gun dealer like GREAT GUNS instead of with the greedy (low pay, little benefits, corporate) walmart. Maybe the price will be a little bit higher...maybe it will be the same. Atleast a place like GG will stand behind their merchandise and not look at you like an idiot when you ask them a question about your gun. Sorry I HATE walmart if you cant tell!
    :soapbox:

PLUS I heard that some walmart guns are "factory seconds", thats why they pick some of them up so cheap.:peepwall:

19. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Yeah, STICK IT TO WALMART! They're only the #1 employer in the world! We don't need them. We should boycott them so they raise their prices to be able to pay their employees a minimum of $10/hr! That way, in essense, everyone that shops there would be given a tax increase! That's LESS money that they could spend in other sectors of the economy. Maybe we could even put an evil American auto maker out of business too! After all, people who shop at WalMart would no longer be able to afford new cars!

Oh well, this is all in good fun. :cheers: But I can do some soap box ranting of my own. :soapbox: CAPITALISM ROCKS!