Mossberg 835 w/ a new outlook on life..

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by Rebel2, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    My father liked how a couple of my guns turned out, so he talked me into painting his 835 for him... So, since ya all have seen the progress pics on the other two ive done, and this one is similar, i wont bore you with the ugly pics...

Here she is all done...

[​IMG]

Here is a close up of "Mr T" Thats what he wanted... He used to be a teacher at Strafford HS in MO and all his students called him "Mr T"...

[​IMG]

And he also wanted turkey tracks on it...

[​IMG]

2. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    Looks Dang Nice :cheers:

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Thank ya sir :cheers:

4. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Very nice!...............:cheers:

5. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
  6. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    You do some good work there rebel... looks real nice.

Like the turk tracks too!

7. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Gracias...Yeah its not too shabby for rattle can and lots of wind... I only wished I had a barn or shed of some sort to paint in.. ahh well, one day maybe.. one day... Yeah on the turk tracks, decided I need to change it up a bit soze they all dont look the same. didnt turn out quite as good as i hoped, but nonetheless, im happy.

In the process of paintin one of mah bp's now.. :cheers:

8. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Looks sweet!
    More nice work!
    :cheers::cheers:

9. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    thanks lefty :cheers:

10. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nice job there rebelcj7!

11. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
  12. Looks great as usual :cheers:.

Gotta a question tho Rebel. Know you've painted the auto's and no moving parts externally to worry about per sey, but with the pump by painting the slide rails and mag tube is that paint going to start chipping and possibly cause some internal problems, i.e. feeding/ejection and firing ???? Just a thought, but still looks great.

13. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Great question John... I can't say with out a doubt it wont cause any problems, however ive got 2 winchester rangers that i painted several years ago, 10 roughly, and while it was just a super shade tree job and the paint was shiny, i havent had any problems at all... And the mossy above was painted by my dad a few years back, was scary looking, but didnt cause any problems at all. When I mask off the guns, i for sure mask it so there is not any intentional spray get inside. I just got done with the clear coat drying on the mossy, so i figure ill work the action real good today and report back for ya.. But yeah super great question!

14. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    I paint the trigger assemblies, i do however tape the gaps beween the trigger and the housing, no paint gets inside. Like ive said, ive never had a prob with paint the slide rails.

CP, ive definately thought about it... Tossed many ideas around in my head, and i may eventually put leaves on em when i paint them. Ive read alot about various patterns and from what ive read and talked to some snipers on some of those boards is that the key to any job is simply the break up.. Having light and dark colors in the same pattern, not really the shapes. The shapes in patterns are more to please the eyes of people, hunters etc. In the end, looking at it from 5 - 10 -20 or more yards, the light or tan in this instance, comes to the foreground, and the darker greens and browns move the the background, creating a 3 d illusion. The only example I can thnk of is the latest camo pattern for the army, have ya seen all the little squares of colors? Sure to the nekkkid eye point blank your like gawd that is UGLY.. however, look at it in the woods from 10 yards, 20 etc youll be suprised. I would love to do a similar pattern such as that, however, not only is it WAY time consuming, im satisfied with what ive got, as we used to say when i was in rotc.. "Good enough for government work"

But, to summarize, i may eventually do patterns with leaves, twigs, etc... Ive also pondered using a smaller version of the turkey track and paint them all over the gun, just to be different... Lots of ideas, ive got lots of guns and lots o time... Who knows what I might do next.

15. And that's what's scares us Dave :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

16. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Dont worry john im savin the florescent yellow just for yours :rotfl:

17. Hey that some good lookin paint job there man!!:cheers:

18. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    :hysterical: :rotfl:

Thank ya sir :cheers:

19. With some neon green and blaze orange accent's off course ;)

20. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    But of course, wouldnt have it any other way :rotfl::rotfl: