Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...

I have these friends that own property southeast of Steelville and since they have moved out of state, they agreed to let me deer hunt on it. This past Sunday my daughter's boyfriend and I went down there and hunted and found lots of cigarette wrappers, cigarette butts, multi grain bar wrappers, etc. in various spots and even plastic chairs from a shed set out on field edges.

I reported back to them about all of this on Monday morning and was told that it was probably the same Grandfather, father, son, relative team from the STL area that they ran off 2 years in a row and their neighbor confronted them one year and this group of complete MORONS told the neighbor that they knew it was private ground but they were going to hunt it anyhow.

So...first question is...what kind of IDIOT MORON would intentionally drive 2 hours every year to trespass while knowing he has been caught 3 times?

Second quetion is...this acreage would be awesome to hunt on in the future but how on earth would I go about managing these COMPLETE FREAKIN' MORONS without getting myself or family hurt and ruining a good hunt?

Oh...and if by chance any member of this band of IDOITIC LAW BREAKING MORONS is a member on here....consider yourself run off a FOURTH TIME!!!! :mad2:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Start with purple paint, then talk to ALL neighbors...Put up some signs as well, post the place!!! Then, next season, talk to the local County Law Dawgs, and get thier # on speed dial. It's a battle worth winning, IMO!!!:wave:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Get the local law enforcement involved. Make a report with them about what has happened, and then when it happens again its already known to be a problem, and more likely to do something about it. Post it heavily, and maybe even find a trustworthy local to watch over it for you, even if you have to give him something for it, like hunting time. Good luck getting the morons off it.

·
Registered
32,436 Posts
[rquote=1485088&tid=103791&author=FiremanBrad]Start with purple paint, then talk to ALL neighbors...Put up some signs as well, post the place!!! Then, next season, talk to the local County Law Dawgs, and get thier # on speed dial. It's a battle worth winning, IMO!!!:wave:[/rquote]

x2

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Yep, mark the property with purple paint and call in Johnny Law on em!

Good luck!

BTH

·
Banned
11,330 Posts
That is very strange considering there is like a bizillion acres of Mark Twain National Forrest down there. BWT, I didn't know deer existed in that area.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
DANG CITY HUNTERS

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We are still debating whether it is worse risking the usual repurcussions (i.e.: vandalism, burnt buildings, etc.) for deer hunting rights. The owners don't hunt at all and I would hate to see them have problems on my account.

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
Same problem we had in Saline COunty but no longer have. With an out of state owner, I suggest you get a document from him stating you are a caretaker of the property. For tresspassing charges, he would more than likely have to appear. With this document you could act on his behave. Paint it purple, post it, put an add in the county paper and notify local law enforcement. Talk to the neighbors. This is exactaly what we did and after the first year.....no more problem. :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
801 Posts
We lost hunting rights to part of a farm we have been hunting for the last ten years because of this crap.

The guys who have the lease next to use think they run of the mill and can hunt wherever they please. All the land owners in the area have been after them for awhile.

Speak to the land owner and see if they will allow you to persue this issue further.

We didn't take action, and our hunting land was cut in half. Next time I find a stand on the wrong side of the property line it's getting replaced with a note telling them they can get it back from the land owner.

·
19,584 Posts
[rquote=1485656&tid=103791&author=northmobigbuck80]open season on morons[/rquote]

Morons are like Dorito's...they'll keep making more. :cool3:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts