more stolen stands

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by poppachuck, Nov 14, 2010.

1. poppachuck

poppachuck New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    as the title says.talked to 4 guys from St.L.sat. they set up with in 100 yards of our lease line. this morning they were all there again-- as was my stand n stixs. this afternoon i go back to put my son inlaw in that stand-- its gone as were my hunting buddies from St.L.!!!! that makes 6 stands gone or damaged and 2 game cams.. gotta luv out of towners!!!!!!

2. leasburg

leasburg New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    sure blame it on the city folk. and that sucks about your stand

3. I think I would go for a walk on the other side of the line and look for my stuff.

4. leasburg

leasburg New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    [rquote=1895776&tid=132100&author=Chad]I think I would go for a walk on the other side of the line and look for my stuff.
    [/rquote]

just dont trespass

5. poppachuck

poppachuck New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    did them n their camper is gone.ill still be here next year n the year after -- theyll come back sooner or later.

6. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
  7. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    chains and padlocks are cheaper than new stands..a cheap investment. yes they can still be stolen, but a huge chunk of logging chain and an industrial lock takes more than a pocket sized pair of bolt cutters to break.

8. macon county boy

May 6, 2009
    ya its bs when you gotta chain and lock your stands on your place

9. leasburg

leasburg New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    [rquote=1895794&tid=132100&author=macon county boy]ya its bull muffins when you gotta chain and lock your stands on your place[/rquote]

I think its bull muffins i need to lock my house or my car:pop:

10. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Chainsaw- I'd hide out in some little hole and watch out for the next group to steal something I put up. When they come in and steal, wait 'til they leave and fire up that saw and start cutting trees their stands are in.
    I've been known to drop some trees on some stands. Doesn't bother me at all. Take their straps and leave the stand. Last one down is a rotten egg! Come up behind their camera and pour Coke all over it, all kinds of critters like Coke. Course I'd never suggest any of these ideas to anyone- just my thoughts on the subject. I like chains on stands to gently pull them with and drag around fer a bit with my truck. But I'd never suggest that either.:D I'd also never suggest to place targets at empty stands and shoot the heck out of the targets either. I'm just simply using an open mind on the subject:claphands: And who said getting stolen from isn't fun! It's a hoot to fix a problem yourself.

11. macon county boy

May 6, 2009
    well why should we expect anything other than this type of behavior from city boys jus dont go crying when your stuff is gone:pop:

12. macon county boy

May 6, 2009
    i dont lock my doors at night im praying someone comes in my house

13. citybowhunter

citybowhunter Senior Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Independence Mo.
    I lock up everything I leave in the woods. People just don't respect private property anymore. .02

14. Marine95

Marine95 New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Fenton
    [rquote=1895831&tid=132100&author=macon county boy]i dont lock my doors at night im praying someone comes in my house[/rquote]You wanna be a killer? Your praying to be a killer?:boohoo:

15. macon county boy

May 6, 2009
  16. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    He's like most of us, sick of the feces! Anyone come in my house is a dead man. I lock my doors tho. I am not playing with them. I'm not looking for any crap, but this is my hill and if it comes in, well too bad, so sad. Bury the crap in a landfill for all I care.

17. Marine95

Marine95 New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Fenton
    I know if someone comes in my house that they will have lead coming their way. Im just not leaving my house unlocked praying that someone comes in.

18. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I don't pray for it either, but I'm ready. I don't want a man's life on my conscience, but how much crap can you stand? I'm not looking for any trouble, but I don't back down either. I hope you guys understand where I'm coming from.

19. macon county boy

May 6, 2009
    if they want in theyll get in whether doors are locked or not, jus saying but they wont get out

20. Deadeye

Deadeye New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Gasconade County
    [rquote=1895806&tid=132100&author=leasburg][rquote=1895794&tid=132100&author=macon county boy]ya its bull muffins when you gotta chain and lock your stands on your place[/rquote]

I think its bull muffins i need to lock my house or my car:pop:[/rquote]

X100