Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
just a no body
15,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if you all go for the moon affecting the Rutting stages & if you believe that the full moon is the peak?

Myself I say why not..the moon affects alot of things behavioral & natural so why not the deer rut.??

If this is so..it appears the Rut will be either very early or very late ..the full moon is on November 5th

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
Only thing I trust the moon on for sure, is the brighter the moon, the more the deer will be moving at night......and if the deer are moving more during the night, then they're going to be moving less during the day.

Parker

·
Retired
9,536 Posts
I follow it pretty close but I dont place a "Hunt"--"Dont hunt" value on the moon phase! I do check the phase in my GPS and it seems I get a little more excited if everything seems to fall in line!

·
just a no body
15,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Parker
Only thing I trust the moon on for sure, is the brighter the moon, the more the deer will be moving at night......and if the deer are moving more during the night, then they're going to be moving less during the day.

Parker
thats for sure

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
Originally posted by Gutpile
I really don't pay much attention to the moon. I don't get to hunt enough to taylor my hunts around it.
:D AMEN! Put time in the tree in a good spot, and you will eventually be rewarded.

Parker

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
franlky i hunt as much as i can

i watch the moon just to know were its at
but i give more attention to weather fronts coming or going than the moon.

but like i say i am in the tree more than a squrrial this time of year

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Gotta love bowunting the morning after a cloudy night during the full moon.

The deer will be moving all over the place and getting caught up from lost time the night before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.