Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone headed to Montauk Sunday??
Gonna run down for the day and toss some bugs around and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Not me, but wishing NoLuck some GoodLuck ;) !

Reactions: NoLuck

·
Registered
21,135 Posts
Not me either. Let us know how it was NoLuck. Can't believe three months into the season and I haven't trout fished yet this year. I promise I will remedy that soon either at Montauk or Bennett. Heading to spend time fishing with wife and her family at their mom's farm pond. Roast hot dogs, make s'mores, appreciate what freedoms we still have while we have them, giving thanks to those that served and paid the price for our freedom. 🗽

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well got down there about 1:30pm. Went up to the fly area. Took about 30 mins to get zoned on fishing a 2 fly rig. Once I figured out what they wanted I narrowed it down to just a single midge. Lights out after that!!!! I caught well over 50 fish before the whistle at 8:15pm.

Well worth the trip down today. Woulda been nicer to stay longer. But work is crazy right now. Emergency response stuff wears you down. Just felt good to get away for the day.

·
Registered
21,135 Posts
That sounds wonderful.

·
Quack
5,267 Posts
Drove past montauk on my way south. Thought about stopping but
PXL_20210529_194821710.MP.jpg
my coolers full.

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
I went down to Maramec Springs around noon Sunday to cure my trout itch. Caught 10 in a few hours and broke a few nice ones off on the hook set. I guess I got a bit rusty after not using the 2# line for a while. Most of the weekend crowd must of peeled out as the crowds weren't bad at all which was surprising since the weather was so nice.

·
Part-time malcontent
7,151 Posts
I spent the weekend chasing these with fly rods, driving home today. This is just a little guy. I’ll post some pics and story in ‘Unlimited fly of the day’ in a couple days.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,795 Posts
headed to NC on Friday, hope to toss a fly or two while there. :D

Reactions: manitou1

·
Part-time malcontent
7,151 Posts
Finally posted our Minnesota trip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts