Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 ·
Been waiting on those pics Cal. Looks like a good time was had. Congrats on filling all tags. No small feat in MT.
There is nothing I can say, or pic I can post to describe it really.... The deer were very skittish this year it seemed, especially up in the drainage I was hunting. They'd bust out of there if they caught the slightest bit of movement on those rims, and then be gone.... Tuesday night I had a decent 3x3 in my crosshairs at 400yds, and momentarily thought it might be the only chance I get this week.... But, given 3 days to go, he got a pass, and it all worked out. The goal of this trip, was to get Mike on a deer, and that took until mid day on Friday. Just got lucky and found one we could slip up on, and didn't have a doe, coyote, bad wind, or a host of other things blow it for us. Fun times, can't wait to go back.

Reactions: Dafish and manitou1
Discussion starter · #26 ·
Frenchman?
Yes, killed my buck just north of where harvdog killed his a couple years back, just outside of coulee where i killed one in 2018. Cool place to hunt as you well know. Snow made it more "interesting". :D

Discussion starter · #35 · (Edited)
Yours was shot from those Junipers in the lower right corner ,,looks like about 40 yrds ?
Nice deer
No, the ones on top the rims. 380 yds.

I was approx where yellow dot is, deer red dot. Used rangefinder for the shot, I have a Leupold VX3 with B&C reticle, used the 400 yard reticle aimed a tad low..... The Coulee in the background is where I killed a buck in 2018, about 500 yds from where this buck died I'd guess.... We hiked him up the deer trail directly above where he died. Another 500 yds or so across the flats up top. Fun way to hunt, and night and day difference between Mo Whitetails and Mule Deer in open country....
Bedrock Slope Formation Geological phenomenon Outcrop

Reactions: kgdog
@callaojoe Man that looks like an awesome trip. I'm wanting to start getting out west every year/every other year and go after Muleys and Elk. Never have before. I have been doing a lot of research on eachs states draws/point systems etc. Missed them all this year, but bought points in Wyoming and Montana still they are still available.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
@callaojoe Man that looks like an awesome trip. I'm wanting to start getting out west every year/every other year and go after Muleys and Elk. Never have before. I have been doing a lot of research on eachs states draws/point systems etc. Missed them all this year, but bought points in Wyoming and Montana still they are still available.
All I can say, is don't wait to do it. I went the first time when I was about 45 years old, almost 60 now.... Not sure how many more of these hunts I have left in me. Headed to Wyoming in fall 22 with wife for an antelope hunt. :D

Reactions: WILKinKC
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.