Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few pics from MoJam, Mo Ozark Selfbow Jamboree...8th annual even. If you ever wanted to build a bow, or learn to knap flint, this is the event!!! This year, we had people from upwards of 22 states, including Hawaii, plus Denmark, Germany, Australia and Brazil!!!!! Believe me, the 2 German guys can shoot!!! They killed the elk at 150 yds...No bowhunting over there, so all they can do is target shoot, and it was obvious they did it alot...anyway, here's a bunch of pics!!!

Here's some really nice selfbows...this guy is one heckuva bowyer, from Wisconsin eh!!!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even the kids get in on the action!!! This is the kids longshoot!

Had a boyscout troop out of Kville, and they all made thier own bows!!!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wood carving, awesome detail, pic doesn't do it justice

Close ups....

another carving

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last 2 pics here...this guy had this English Longbow, patterned after the ancient War Bows of Ye Olde England...Hows this for poundage, 138#!!! His complete arrow weighs 1700 grains!!! Complete with homemade bodkin points...those things would have NO problem penetrating even the best armor!!!! His bow was made of Ewe wood, I believe 78" tip to tip.

Bodkin point...

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
looks like a heck of a good time was had and it wasn't to hot.

so what kinda new goodies did you get?

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Did ya see paleohunter?

Awesome pics fireman!

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Originally posted by Hayzer
Did ya see paleohunter?

Awesome pics fireman!
Ditto,,,,,,,,,,,,as soon as I saw this post I was gonna ask if you saw Tony.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Hayzer
Did ya see paleohunter?

Awesome pics fireman!
I would have no idea...never met the guy...lol. There were several hundred there on saturday alone....there is no way to keep count, as we don't charge anything for admission or camping...I was really hoping KBAknife would show up, but then I'd have to figure out how to pay for a new knife!!!

Tony, I got a few goodies...there were several traditional vendors set up. Got a new finger glove, buy one there every year, so's I can rotate my stock...lol. Also some fish arrow slides, better'n the old cables, a trad huntin dvd, some judo points, just some odds and ends I just HAD to have!!! You guys should try to make it down next year, it's quite the deal!!!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Fireman, My wife, baby and I made it there. I had a great time looking at all the well made bows. I was able to see the demonstration on how to make a handle and ate a great pork burger while there.

The group from Wisconsin in the TeePee did have some awsome bows. I picked up quite a few business cards.

I saw one guy who had made quite a few knifes, but I don't think it was Kbaknife. I didn't see any knives that I recognized.

I'll probably go back next year.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Looks like a very interesting place to be!
I really like the snakeskin bows and the carvings!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,469 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Looks like a lot of people I would get along with just fine. Very cool pics.

I'm just curious, did you get to see the guy shoot the 138# bow. He just don't look that big. 1700 grain? I think we could weigh that on a pound scale. Penetration would not be a problem there.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Aces, that guy with the knives is from Macon Mo...little different style than KBA. Wish I'd have known who ya were, woulda been nice to have met you and the Mrs!!! I spent a good part of Saturday out on the range, shot till my fingers were sore!!!!! Had a blast.

Pinwheel, no, didn't see him shoot it personally, but he did compete in the Clout Shoot, so there were plenty of witnesses...lol. He said he started training for it with an 80#er, then up to about 100#, then last year was I believe a 124# bow. He was maybe 6' tall, 180-200 lbs, no, not a great big guy!!! Pretty cool stuff, fo sho.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.