Mock Scrapes

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by boatcaptain, Oct 27, 2010.

1. boatcaptain

boatcaptain Active Member

May 31, 2010
    ELM TREE MO
    Who does it and how do you do it. Also what kind of luck have you had.:thinking: Id like to try it :shrug:

2. buckwacker181

buckwacker181 # of bans record holder

Oct 9, 2006
    Catawussy
    I made one about 10 days ago to put a camera up over. I found a good tree with a good licking branch. Took a stick and scraped an area clear just like a deer would. Then poured a bottle of Mock scrape scent that I bought at Wal Mart in it. Made sure to go in there very scent free and try not to touch any of the surroundings with bare skin. Put my camera up, sprayed it with scent killer. Just checked it yesterday and had 200 pictures, 5 different bucks. I just switched my camera to video mode, so it should be interesting to see what kind of video it takes.

3. MOFish20

MOFish20 Science Doesn't Care What You Believe

Oct 12, 2010
  4. boatcaptain

boatcaptain Active Member

May 31, 2010
    ELM TREE MO
    Thanks guys for the info. Ill give it a try. Love trying out new stuff and ideas.:cheers:

5. MOFish20

MOFish20 Science Doesn't Care What You Believe

Oct 12, 2010
    I had action on mine the same night I made it, made me a believer.

6. RLAWhitetails

RLAWhitetails New Member

Oct 16, 2010
    I made one a few years ago and used the scrape dripper, didnt have cams then but bucks started tearing it up. Took my brother ther first day of gun season and the we seen a buck he shot and missed him at 80 yards but he still came in and was going to the scrape and gave him another shot he killed him the second shot was a 130 incher. Now I just use fresh buck pee in a dripper I do get several photos mostly at night. They will work but I dont hunt them I just use them to get photos of bucks in the area.