Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, no pics. Being the bonehead that I am, I forgot the camera at home yesterday.

Me and a buddy got to spend 3 or 4 hours fishing for some cats yesterday afternoon/evening. Ended up with 7 keepers.

4 Channels - all about 1 lb
3 Blues - 2 of them between 4-6lbs and one about 1lb.

We were fishing in those big holes behind the wing dams. Real still water. Fishing on bottom with shad guts that we bought at the store. Didn't have time to go net any and can't seem to catch the skipjack on this part of the river for some reason. Sometimes if we can't find any other cut bait we'll intentionally catch gar and cut them up. At least they're good for that!!

· PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
sounds like you had fun.they are calling for rain saturday,i hopin fro a creek rise and ready to slaughter them.hey if we get a couple of inches maybe you can call in sick monday and go fishing with me.:rotfl:

5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got out there again last night and they had shut down for some reason. There was no difference from one day to the next but the cats just wouldn't bite. Caught a couple small channels.

We did think a few gar out, though. I hate those fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.