Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
13,462 Posts
My season was about like every other season. I had to change some things up due to the acorns, but I didn't have much trouble killing a 4.5 year old and two does. Passed on a couple 2.5 year olds with the bow and several does that I didn't want to mess with at the time too.

· Registered
843 Posts
Booner does😁

if you think the mdc deer population guess is accurate???? Population seemed to conveniently jump in size in just a couple years, was it make hunters believe there are more deer so they push though refs to kill more……,seems the deer pop was 1.2 a couple years ago with nofall off in harvest numbers and now it is 1.4?
I would imagine that guessing accurately is very difficult. Especially when it is done statewide. Any estimate is only going to be as accurate as the data. We could debate this issue forever and never know how accurate it is.

· Under appreciated
93,233 Posts
I would imagine that guessing accurately is very difficult. Especially when it is done statewide. Any estimate is only going to be as accurate as the data. We could debate this issue forever and never know how accurate it is.
And, it really doesnt matter if they are using the same tools to estimate populations year to year, having the same % error.

The only “debate” here is going to stem from people who see the MDC in a sentence and read it only to find something wrong with it.

Wildlife population dynamics are complicated. To suggest that the MDC is flat out lying about the population is just more straw-grasping to malign the agency. Its to be expected.

Reactions: Matt1234

· Super Moderator
28,594 Posts
I don’t know if they are lying or bout, but I sure remember a few years ago the pop was 1.2 and now all of the sudden it is back up to 1.5 with the same amount being killed

21 - 25 of 25 Posts