mma fights

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Bowhunter4life, May 28, 2009.

1. Bowhunter4life

Bowhunter4life New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    im looking for some used mma mats, i wanna start traing in mma and i need some mats for grappling. Anyone know where i can find those mats or something similar

2. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

Just do it on asphalt or gravel... It will tuffin you up....

3. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    Don' know where to get them used but I can tell ya they ain't cheap new or used that's for sure

why don't you just join a camp somewhere you'll learn far more that way, Top Team is in your neck of the woods aren't they

4. Gakic24

Speaking of MMA... How's that going Blev?

5. Bowhunter4life

Jun 12, 2005
    ill check into it, but i still wouldnt mind doin some stuff at home

6. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    [rquote=1277896&tid=89425&author=blevely]Don' know where to get them used but I can tell ya they ain't cheap new or used that's for sure

why don't you just join a camp somewhere you'll learn far more that way, Top Team is in your neck of the woods aren't they

[/rquote]

Agreed. Very expensive even used. Join a club/team.

7. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    [rquote=1277898&tid=89425&author=Gakic24]Speaking of MMA... How's that going Blev?[/rquote]

slow till I graduate in Sept then it gets kicked into full gear

8. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    What would you be doing on your own? Kinda hard without an instructor.

9. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    He could work on his stand up with heavy bags and double ended bags, grappling dummy for some minor ground and pound work and a really dumb friend for wrestling and jiu-jitsu stuff if he has some basic knowledge already.

but overall a trainer is a must

10. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    [rquote=1277907&tid=89425&author=blevely]He could work on his stand up with heavy bags and double ended bags, grappling dummy for some minor ground and pound work and a really dumb friend for wrestling and jiu-jitsu stuff if he has some basic knowledge already.

but overall a trainer is a must[/rquote]

Bags, grappling dummy, mats.... Jeesh, a lot of money there. By all means, join a club.

11. Bowhunter4life

Jun 12, 2005
    blev hit it, i would like to work on stand up and i have a friend to train with. I got connections to some mma guys around here that have trained in it before and it wouldnt cost me a cent for them

12. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    [rquote=1277921&tid=89425&author=Bowhunter4life]blev hit it, i would like to work on stand up and i have a friend to train with. I got connections to some mma guys around here that have trained in it before and it wouldnt cost me a cent for them[/rquote]

Just make sure that you have guys that know what they're doing. The most dangerous part of training is training with new/inexperienced guys. Good luck and keep us posted!!

13. Bowhunter4life

Jun 12, 2005
    i have a bag already, still wanna join a club but it would be nice to have some stuff at my house where i could do it whenever i want

14. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    whats mma ? that cage fighting stuff ?
    :eek:

15. Gakic24

[rquote=1277932&tid=89425&author=knockemdeadd]whats mma ? that cage fighting stuff ?
    :eek:
    [/rquote]

Mixed Martial Arts... :pop:

16. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    thanks, i saw "groundwork", bags, etc....cage fighting came to mind.

must be sorta similar, huh

SNA would agree eh?:stirpot::D