Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am new to muzzle loading this year. i have the "knight" brand cleaning kit. what is the black powder solvent used for and what is the oil used for? any help appreciated. someone had told me but i have forgotten.

·
19,117 Posts
use the solvent for now, because you have it, after it's gone, a bottle of windex or a can of denatured alcohol works just as well and aint near as expensive, just used a dampened patch and swab the barrel with your range rod and a bore sized jag

·
19,117 Posts
[rquote=1523374&tid=106151&author=macon county boy]well i seen guys doing it after every shot but my knight shoots great shot after shot so i never done it[/rquote]what powder you using

·
19,117 Posts
[rquote=1523370&tid=106151&author=missouri10x]spit lol.....:cheers:[/rquote]spit works, but i'll take my windex or awesome patches anyday

awesome is a product put out by the dollar store, and it absolutely cuts triple7 i have not seen a blacker patch from 1 pass through the barrel
we use awesome quite a bit

·
Registered
876 Posts
[rquote=1523387&tid=106151&author=yankee][rquote=1523370&tid=106151&author=missouri10x]spit lol.....:cheers:[/rquote]spit works, but i'll take my windex or awesome patches anyday

awesome is a product put out by the dollar store, and it absolutely cuts triple7 i have not seen a blacker patch from 1 pass through the barrel
we use awesome quite a bit[/rquote]

Awesome???? Never heard of it... What is it?

·
19,117 Posts
[rquote=1523384&tid=106151&author=macon county boy]pyrodex p[/rquote]you use pyrodex P and you don't swab at the range hmmm interesting

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.