ML ballistic charts.....

Discussion in 'Muzzleloaders' started by Mastevt, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Mastevt

Mastevt Strutt Buster

Apr 16, 2009
    Grain Valley
    Does anybody have them, or a program that can tell me some info?

I've got my CVA shooting spot on at 75 yards, cutting bullet holes. I was wondering since it's where I want it, zero'd at 75 yards, what would be the point of impact at 100, and 150?

I'm shooting T/C's Shockwaves, in 300grn., 95 grns of T7, Barrel, is 26 inches, with 1:28 twist. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Scott.

2. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1889802&tid=131638&author=Mastevt]I'm shooting T/C's Shockwaves, in 300grn., 95 grns of T7, Barrel, is 26 inches, with 1:28 twist. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Scott.[/rquote]

FFG or FFFG?

3. Mastevt

Mastevt Strutt Buster

Apr 16, 2009
    Grain Valley
  4. kevthebassman

kevthebassman New Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Eureka
    Too many variables to give you a straight answer. The sabot you use alone could throw the answer off by 200 fps. Unless someone here knows some online resource that is pretty advanced, the only advice I have is the following:

There's two ways to know. #1 is to run it over a chronograph, get your velocity, bullet weight and ballistic coefficient, and then plug that into a ballistics calculator. #2 is to actually shoot it. #2 will tell you what it is really doing.

5. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1890928&tid=131638&author=kevthebassman]Too many variables to give you a straight answer. The sabot you use alone could throw the answer off by 200 fps. Unless someone here knows some online resource that is pretty advanced, the only advice I have is the following:

There's two ways to know. #1 is to run it over a chronograph, get your velocity, bullet weight and ballistic coefficient, and then plug that into a ballistics calculator. #2 is to actually shoot it. #2 will tell you what it is really doing.[/rquote]

Good info, right there. :cheers:

All I was finding on-line was ballistics for 150g FFg T7 (pellets), with the 250g Shockwave's.

I have a ballistics program, but like mentioned above, I'd need to know the velocity, bullet weight & diameter, plus the ballistic coefficient...and it you wanted to get real technical, I'd need to know the elevation, humidity, temperature, atmospheric pressure, etc... :eek:

Sorry I couldn't be of much help. I tried, though... :shrug:

6. Mastevt

Mastevt Strutt Buster

Apr 16, 2009
    Grain Valley
    thanks for all the help anyways. Just thought I'd ask, didn't know I needed a chrony. I'll just make sure that I don't shoot anything beyond 75 yards, which on my ground, and stand locations, won't be a problem. Thanks again.