Mizzou @ Nebraska

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Dane-ger, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Dane-ger

Dane-ger New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Nebraska is favored to win by 8. I know that most of us our obviously Mizzou fans, but isnt that a little crazy, or disrespectful.

2. I would say both

I about fainted when I heard that

:cheers:

3. thompson

thompson Active Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Ranked 6 and playing a team ranked 14 and MU in a underdog? How does that work:confused:

4. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    It works that way because Nebraska is the more established program in the eyes of the world. College football is too focused on what a team has done in the past and not focused enough on the reality of the current season.

That said....8 pts isn't much in college football. My opinion is that this is a winnable game for Missouri....and it's a VERY loseable game as well. Really depends on who is better prepared and ready to play.

One thing I think is that Nebraska will have learned something from watching the Oklahoma game. That thing is that a 4 man rush with full coverage in the seconday won't be enough to stop Gabbert and the Missouri recievers. I expect Nebraska to come out with a heavier pressure on Gabbert to try to disrupt the passing game. Mizzou will need to be able to get the ball out quick or they will need to be able to run against that pressure. If Nebraska's defensive plans work I think it will be a long day for Mizzou.

5. Yahoo

Yahoo Active Member

Sep 27, 2008
    St Charles
    Go Cornhuskers!! 2:30 on ABC in case anyone needed to know.

6. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    [rquote=1870918&tid=130258&author=thompson]Ranked 6 and playing a team ranked 14 and MU in a underdog? How does that work:confused:[/rquote]

The way it works is that Las Vegas doesn't care about rankings, they care about who is going to bet on the game and try to get it @ 50/50 split. Mizzou is on the road and coming off a HUGE win over Oklahoma. That is a combination that OFTEN results in a let down the next game. Also, Nebraska is a traditional power, so they get more people betting for them. I hope they are wrong, and even though I figured that Nebraska would be favored to win, I am surprised that the spread is that much. I thought it would be @ 2.5 pts.

Go MIZZOU!!!!:cheers:

7. Dane-ger

Dane-ger New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Basic Strategy usually says if to teams are even you give the home team 3 points or so. Id agree the spread should prolly be 2.5-3.5, but they are basically saying that Nebraska is 5 points better.

8. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    itll be tuff for mizzou but if they play like they did last week they will win ( cornhuskers go home)

9. leemozoid

leemozoid New Member

Sep 8, 2006
    Edmond, OK
    Line's up from the 7.5 I saw last week. I hope they play like they did last weekend. I'd hate for them to have a lead going into the 4th and suddenly realize they're Mizzou and blow it like they have in the past.

10. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

I'm pumped for a good game. However, if it's a route either way at the half I am going hunting. I'm hoping for a Mizzou win:cheers:

11. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    well i am gonna watch it anyways:D

12. [rquote=1870914&tid=130258&author=Dane-ger]Nebraska is favored to win by 8. I know that most of us our obviously Mizzou fans, but isnt that a little crazy, or disrespectful.[/rquote]

well, seems a little nice, since its 17-0 right meow

13. WhiteTailer

WhiteTailer Active Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Centralia
    [rquote=1871108&tid=130258&author=Hayzer]I'm pumped for a good game. However, if it's a route either way at the half I am going hunting. I'm hoping for a Mizzou win:cheers:[/rquote]

so...where ya gonna stick a deer?

:superman:

14. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

Thank God thats all over

and all this ludicrous talk about being in the discussion about a national Championship. Face it the SOONERs are just the SOONERS in name only this year . Nebraska is Nebraska still and is going to greener pastures because the Big 10 wanted a good team to add to their conference ..not some razzle dazzle team that can only beat up on down & outs and the mediocre.

Hey I'm a MIZZOU fan but I'm also realistic, they should be ranked somewhere in the 15-20 range by end of season and get a decent Bowl game

they will not be the BIG 12 champion either!

15. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

[rquote=1871097&tid=130258&author=leemozoid] I'd hate for them to have a lead going into the 4th and suddenly realize they're Mizzou and blow it like they have in the past.[/rquote]

you got your wish :rof2:

16. CMBS

CMBS New Member

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1870939&tid=130258&author=Gamegetter][rquote=1870918&tid=130258&author=thompson]Ranked 6 and playing a team ranked 14 and MU in a underdog? How does that work:confused:[/rquote]

The way it works is that Las Vegas doesn't care about rankings, they care about who is going to bet on the game and try to get it @ 50/50 split. Mizzou is on the road and coming off a HUGE win over Oklahoma. That is a combination that OFTEN results in a let down the next game. Also, Nebraska is a traditional power, so they get more people betting for them. I hope they are wrong, and even though I figured that Nebraska would be favored to win, I am surprised that the spread is that much. I thought it would be @ 2.5 pts.

Go MIZZOU!!!!:cheers:[/rquote]

If you go against the logic in sports betting, you will come out ahead. Vegas doesn't have all of those bright lights by being wrong. Some people will say, "oh Mizzou beat the # 1 team last week, and now they are getting 7.5 points" and bet on Mizzou. Last week I asked several friends what they thought the spread should be for the OU game. Everyone of them said something in double digits. Thats when I felt good about Mizzou's chances when the line came out at 3, and you saw what happened. Let Vegas do the handicapping for ya, and you will be money ahead.

17. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    I think I pretty much nailed it on the NU defense....pressure on Gabbert....yada yada yada but if it weren't for those three LONG runs the game might have ended much differently.....Really poor run defense by the Tigers.

18. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

[rquote=1871401&tid=130258&author=archer66]Really poor run defense by the Tigers.[/rquote]

That's what it looked like before I decided to go out and watch deer

19. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    Dang, how many yards did that running back go for? 300+ and a new school record :cheers: