Mix rate for roundup

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by mobiggerbucks, May 30, 2009.

1. mobiggerbucks

mobiggerbucks New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    lake of the ozarks
    I forgot . How much roundup to 25 gal. of water at an average mix rate ?

2. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    MFA told me 2oz per gallon on the 41%

3. mobiggerbucks

mobiggerbucks New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    lake of the ozarks
    Why does that sound high to me ???

4. rmr

rmr New Member

I ususally put in 3 oz per gallon, of generic round up
    I dont know what the percentage is I would imagine it is 41 % I think 2 OZ per gallon would work,
    Rat is the chemical man around here maybe he will see this,

5. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    I run 1 to 1 1/2 qt per acre of generic RU. You need to know how much ground your 25 gallon sprayer covers. Fill it with water & spray till it's empty. An acre is approx 200'x200' (round math)

6. mobiggerbucks

mobiggerbucks New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    lake of the ozarks
    That is about what I am getting as far as gallons per acre . My thing is ,,,,,,,,,,, I can't remember the amount of chemical per gallon . Beanpile and I were filling the tank yesterday and we ended up putting about two quarts in . That stuff is expensive and I am a skinflint .

7. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1281151&tid=89608&author=mobiggerbucks] That is about what I am getting as far as gallons per acre . My thing is ,,,,,,,,,,, I can't remember the amount of chemical per gallon . Beanpile and I were filling the tank yesterday and we ended up putting about two quarts in . That stuff is expensive and I am a skinflint . [/rquote]

Ratio of chemical/water is not important. It's the amount of chemical/acre that's important. If you're getting an acre per tankful, then one to one & a half quarts per tank will suffice. If the weeds are small still, a qt per acre will work, if they're bigger, then more chemical.

8. tometusns

tometusns New Member

Jan 13, 2007
    swmo.
    a 2% mix of roundup, honcho, or any of the several other brands...will work fine..( read the ingredients)...128 ounces in a gallon..1.28= 1%...2.56 ounces =2%...to see how much per acre you will need to calibrate your sprayer. I have a formula at work...but don`t use it enough to remember it exactly...