Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
21,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching Hunting Shows again their showing Alabama hunting saying how good it is. I’ve lived down South and enjoyed it but have more close family here.

Do you like Deep South more than Missouri?

What gets me is I seen plenty of Deer and Turkeys but also plenty Hogs??

oneshot

:D The Big Grin is a Southern Girl.

· Registered
21,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont even care for the shallow south.
Like here?

I've been up North and Mountains and always liked them for a visit but could never stay there. I have found the climate and people not that good.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin says You'uns little more South it is You All.

· Registered
21,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually when I was up North the same swarm of Mosquitoes found me plus Black Flies.

Lived in Louisiana had plenty of family there but our kids are here so.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin takes drugs for bugs.

· Registered
21,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My kids didn’t like eating Catfish and Rice 3X a day. My wife learned Cajun French down there.

At the time I could get everything on one permit for $75 I’m sure it has went up but that was for 6 Deer. At the time you had to hunt hard for Rabbits but here anymore it is the same.

oneshot

:D Would the Big Grin become a **** A?

· Registered
21,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hope you whupped him/her good. :D
It was interesting had several break us up and cops came. At that time after some talking we came to an understanding and shook hands. We was both drunk and had to talk my way into the Bar.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin would have bit the Yankee.

· Registered
9,781 Posts
Places where all three tenses of a verb aren't used in the same sentence.:D
Atleast we don't take the word creek and totally butcher it. You get a crick in your neck it doesn't run through the back forty and has fish in it.Mild winters,the best food,best looking women,and over the counter non-resident tags wherever we wanna hunt deer for the most part.Winning lol.Actually if I could find a high paying job in North Missouri or Southern Iowa in my degree field I would be there in a heart beat to raise my family lol

· Registered
961 Posts
I’m as far north as I’ll ever want to be. Much prefer the south. With that said there’s not much difference in southern Missouri and a lot of the south. A lot of employees from the northern headquarters come to visit our plant and are amazed at how southern everyone sounds. I don’t hear it. I think they sound odd.

· Cooyon, Back from NOLA
4,637 Posts
Born and raised in Louisiana. Lived here 20 years then moved back to the dirty south for a couple years due to family issues. Moved back 2 years ago to Missouri and never leaving. Central Alabama has some good deer and good population. But the deer here in Missouri is a notch above IMHO.

· Registered
9,781 Posts
Born and raised in Louisiana. Lived here 20 years then moved back to the dirty south for a couple years due to family issues. Moved back 2 years ago to Missouri and never leaving. Central Alabama has some good deer and good population. But the deer here in Missouri is a notch above IMHO.
Only thing close to the same quality as Missouri in the south is along the MS river in MS and LA.The south def can't compete with the Midwest in the deer area that's for sure.I love it up there maybe one day I'll move back up north

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.