Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had experience with the this club ? I sent them $20 in January for a certificate for my 145 point buck. Never received confirmation but they did cash the check. Have written two letters, tried numerous phone calls (no answer or voicemail), and sent emails -- still have not had a single response from them nor received my certificate. Just wanted to see if others have had similar problems. They were recommended to me by the Boone & Crockett scorer. I'm just glad I didn't order the $80 plaque !

[file]7934[/file]

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
That sucks. Keep after them and hopefully you will get some responses.

·
Registered
95 Posts
They did the same thing with me a couple of years ago with a buck that scored 157 7/8. Went to the deer classic had it measured, paid them and they said I would be getting something in the mail. Never did, I have called, emailed and still nothing, finally gave up.

[file]7937[/file]

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Nice deer and nice pics mobuck and jpeters. I got mine in at the classic in Columbia in 2002 and did receive mine in the mail.
Hope everything works out

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
keep the hammer down on them,you will win some day:cheers:

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Not positive but I think the guy you may want to get ahold of is Dale Ream. I used to help do some scoring at the Colombia Deer Classic and for some reason that name just seems to pop out. Hope that helps

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rakman -- Dale Ream is the email address and phone number on the web site. Have never been able to get an answer and it has no voicemail. No reply from the emails either, although they do not come back to me as undeliverable. Do you have another way to get in touch with Dale Ream ?

Many of the links on the web page are broken too. Maybe the phone number and email are no longer valid, but they are the same as on the paper-based application form.

http://www.missourishowmebigbucksclub.org/

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jpeters -- I'll let you know if I ever get a response. I had almost given up too, but I'm on a roll now after winning a battle with the cable company today. I had thought this was a creditable organization because they are mentioned in several places on the Mo Dept Conservation web site and also have links to MDC from their web page.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally posted by MObuckman
jpeters -- I'll let you know if I ever get a response. I had almost given up too, but I'm on a roll now after winning a battle with the cable company today. I had thought this was a creditable organization because they are mentioned in several places on the Mo Dept Conservation web site and also have links to MDC from their web page.
Thanks! I would appreciate that, I still have the score sheet at home that they filled. :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Nice bucks guys!! Keep after 'em. Persistence pays off.

·
5,632 Posts
There ain't no bucks in Osage County! You're lyin'!!!;)

They all died of blue tongue!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by MObuckman
Rakman -- Dale Ream is the email address and phone number on the web site. Have never been able to get an answer and it has no voicemail. No reply from the emails either, although they do not come back to me as undeliverable. Do you have another way to get in touch with Dale Ream ?

Many of the links on the web page are broken too. Maybe the phone number and email are no longer valid, but they are the same as on the paper-based application form.

http://www.missourishowmebigbucksclub.org/
Dale is the guy...there are several guys having the same problem...Dale runs a liquor store in Unionville...I believe it is called the "Bottle shop"...you might be able to call information, and get ahold of him there! I will see him this weekend, you can bet I'll be askin him about this...

·
Registered
114 Posts
My brother had the same experience 2 years ago, with a buck that was officially scored at 168 and change. It was the 4th largest taken with a muzzleloader in 2004, yet Show Me Big Bucks never returned any calls or emails, once the application was submitted. If Ream is the guy's last name, then it certainly fits. I've got a 10 point here that would make it as a typical, but I won't waste my time and money dealing with a scam artist like this guy.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Originally posted by MObigbuck
but I won't waste my time and money dealing with a scam artist like this guy.
EXACTLY.....Lock up the thread, that's all that needs to be said about this particular organization.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.