Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Catfish out of the Missouri river good enough to eat? My brother that lives in Grey Summit has been catching some and says they are good and ask me if I wanted some. I told him I didn't know that I would let him know.

Is that river cleaner than it used to be and do you folks eat fish out of it?

· Registered
38,303 Posts
I think if you ate it every meal, every day, for 20 years, you'd prolly git sick....or at least be sick of eating fish in general....I'm sure it's good stuff!!!

· VECtor Custom Calls
41,488 Posts
They're good to go. If you're looking for guidlines, the state health advisory board.....or something like that.....puts out a fish consumption thing for MO every year. Its actually worse for you to eat bass than cats.

The bigger fish have a lot of RED meat on them too. Cut all of this off, and only eat the white meat. It will make the meal A LOT more satisfying.

Parker

· Registered
481 Posts
but then you wouldn't have any for a fish fry ifin you only eat the white meat off of an ole stinkin mo river cat.:rotfl:

but in all fairness, if you bleed the bigguns over 10 lbs out first before you fillet them, you will end up with some good tastin sammich fillets

· VECtor Custom Calls
41,488 Posts
Originally posted by JBMan
but then you wouldn't have any for a fish fry ifin you only eat the white meat off of an ole stinkin mo river cat.:rotfl:

but in all fairness, if you bleed the bigguns over 10 lbs out first before you fillet them, you will end up with some good tastin sammich fillets
I'm talkin' about the permanent red meat JB, not the bloody stuff. No doubt you gotta bleed those big boys.

I'll package up all of my red meat from this summer and send it to you. :D You paying postage?! :D

Parker

· Registered
14,501 Posts
Take 'em all out of the river, maybe it will smell better in the summer.

· Registered
14,501 Posts
It smells :cool3: like :fart::***: and you can't catch all of them anyway.
So, it will continue to smell and what comes out of it will continue to taste like :moon:

· VECtor Custom Calls
41,488 Posts
Originally posted by Hayzer
It smells :cool3: like :fart::***: and you can't catch all of them anyway.
So, it will continue to smell and what comes out of it will continue to taste like :moon:
If you're serious, you're going to have to come over some night when I fry up some flathead.

Parker

· Registered
14,501 Posts
:insertpukingsmilyhere:

· Registered
14,501 Posts
I'm gonna smell it, take a bite then puke all over ya while you don't tell me. I'm serious, it tastes like a dirty sand box dude. People like it though and that's fine. I eat alot of fish, just can't handle sand boxes.

· VECtor Custom Calls
41,488 Posts
Okay....okay.....I'll give up on you then, and just eat it all myself.

Will you still go crappie fishing with me in my boat, even though there's been nasty sand creatures in the bottom of it????? :confused:

Parker

· Registered
14,501 Posts
We'll go set lines too. A fish is a fish when it's on the end of a line/pole.
Once we get built, I'd like to go set some crawfish traps out there and see what size we can get. May get enough for a meal or two.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.