Missouri Has Several In Top 200 Cities

Discussion in 'Social Club 2011' started by oneshot 1, May 24, 2009.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Outdoor Life has list of the Top 200 cities in the U.S. for Sportsmen taking into consideration Hunting,Fishing,Public Land,Cost of Living and Jobs.

33. Boonville
    93. Lebanon
    124. Kirksville
    155. Springfield

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin knows its just Gods Country.

2. family-outdoors

family-outdoors New Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Warren Co.
    No arguments with any of these. My hometown, Sitka, Alaska was left off which I attribute to lack of affordable homes/poor job market. It is however, a sportsman's paradise.

You know however, in many ways the sporting opportunities are as plentiful here in MO. Obviously, there are species not present to hunt and fish for in MO that exist in AK (and vice versa), but to a large degree the game and fish are as plentiful.

I hope I do not fire anyone up by saying this, but I attribute a fair bit of Missouri's abundance of sporting opportunities to the outstanding Conservation Dept here.

One more thing on Sitka...it is located on an island (Baranof) and the available land is boxed in by Tongas National Forest and the ocean. Thus, property values are ridiculous.

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    yeah move to springfield, the deer hunting in the city is tremendous

:claphands:

4. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    [rquote=1274134&tid=89202&author=Rebel]yeah move to springfield, the deer hunting in the city is tremendous

:claphands:[/rquote]

You got that right. I just have to open a door or window :2thumbsup:

5. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    [rquote=1274129&tid=89202&author=family-outdoors]No arguments with any of these. My hometown, Sitka, Alaska was left off which I attribute to lack of affordable homes/poor job market. It is however, a sportsman's paradise.

You know however, in many ways the sporting opportunities are as plentiful here in MO. Obviously, there are species not present to hunt and fish for in MO that exist in AK (and vice versa), but to a large degree the game and fish are as plentiful.

I hope I do not fire anyone up by saying this, but I attribute a fair bit of Missouri's abundance of sporting opportunities to the outstanding Conservation Dept here.

One more thing on Sitka...it is located on an island (Baranof) and the available land is boxed in by Tongas National Forest and the ocean. Thus, property values are ridiculous. [/rquote]

no firing up here. I am very critical of the MDC, but think overall they do an adequate job (adequate is about the best compliment I can pay any state or govt agency). With that said IMO I feel since we (MO taxpayers) are the sole reason of their (MDC) existence I feel they could always do better and strive for excellence, I have no idea what that excellence is, but as long as mdc tries to make things better for us then they are doing their jobs. If they implement something and it ends up having an adverse effect, then they better darn well make it right. Besides, MDC should have a ton of $$$$ since that is really all they manage for or as they say it "opportunities".