Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Missouri Disabled Sportsmen crew for sure represented at Smithville lake Disabled hunt last weekend.

So far, I haven't put a wallhanger on the ground, but I had the pleasure of assisting with one taking a truck ride. My buddy Mike Zittle & I weren't in the blind much more than 30 minutes, when a pair of does came out on his side of the blind. Just as I got his attention to look that way, mack daddy walked out. "Mike, shoot this one, don't look, just shoot him". And he did. Blew his heart in half, dead buck running.

Smithville is a 2 deer hunt, so we both started trying to get one of the does stopped for a followup shot. Big girl made the mistake of stopping & looking back at the 125 yd mark & just like that, we were done by 7 45. His buck weighed165# and that cow nanny weighed 135#.

Wingsfan & Deeraholic sat with our buddy Gabe & they done solid work Sat morning as well. If you're ever around Pete, have him show you the video of their hunt, it's a fun watch, especially with the commentary from Pete.

While I ran off to Smithville, Hooks brought 2 other disabled vets to hang out with my wife for the weekend & hunted a property that was donated to MDS in Kirksville. Slow hunting, but in the end, some Devine intervention took place & Big Dave nearly decapitated a fawn. Dave road tripped all the way up from Georgia.

Stay tuned for more adventures from the MDS crew. Several of us are going to Mark Twain this weekend to mentor first time youth deer hunters. 2 weeks later, is our annual disabled deer hunt in honor of Timmytaters. Gonna be a lot more smiling faces.
Hunting Deer hunting Trophy hunting Deer Plant
Plant community Plant Hat Wood Fawn
Handwriting Rectangle Font Material property Wood
Military camouflage Camouflage Military uniform Marines Military person
Sky People in nature Carnivore Military camouflage Marines
Military camouflage Camouflage Sky Marines Hunting
Trousers Military camouflage Military uniform Camouflage Military person
Hunting Deer hunting Trophy hunting Deer Fawn

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,447 Posts
Now those are some good deers! Nice work to all involved!!!! (y) (y) 🦌 🦌 🦌

Reactions: pinwheel

·
Lunch break commander
8,482 Posts
Heck yeah!!!!!!

Reactions: pinwheel

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
7 members of the MDS crew worked Thanksgiving weekend, helping pass the torch. We mentored 9 youth hunters who had never taken a deer. The MDC hosted a management hunt on Indian Creek recreation area near Monroe City. To qualify, the youth could not have harvested a deer ever. I'm happy to report, we disqualified 5 of the 9 hunters. The other 4, I assure you, learned a lot from their mentors. Very rewarding weekend, without a doubt. My young man learned a lesson the hard way, that many of us seasoned hunters have had to learn the hard way as well. Sat night, we finally made the decision to take the spike that had spent nearly 2 hours in the plot. Sunday morning, we had a high 130 class buck pass our blind at 75 yds, and us there without a buck tag.
Mouth Fun Windbreaker Goggles Landscape
Daytime Leaf Plant Wood Sky
Plant People in nature Gesture Grass Adaptation
Hunting Deer hunting Nature People in nature Grass

One of the highlights of the weekend, was @rockchucker giving pole dancing lessons to the other mentors. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts