MISSOURI Boys in the Top 10 @ The Bassmasters Classic

Discussion in 'Bass' started by Hatch, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    Rick Clunn (Ava MO) & Mark Tucker (Kirkwood MO) are both in the Top 10 at the BASSmasters Classic at Lake ToHO! Good Luck MO BOYS!!! You can see it on ESPN...:banana:

2. Yea, but how about ol' Mike Ike getting the DQ on day 1 for unsportsman like conduct :bangin:. That poor pole light:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

3. WhiteTailer

WhiteTailer Active Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Centralia
    poor fish...cant imagine he didnt run the aerator.

he'll get a lesson on this one from his sponsors

4. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    He has nobody to blame but his self!:banghead:He's a great fisherman but sometimes a poor sportsman as he has shown us yesterday, You will Never see Denny Brauer,Larry Nixon, Rick Clunn, Etc. Etc. show the emotions Ike showed! Thats just to bad because he canreally fish...

5. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Are you sure Rick Clunn is from MO? I have it on pretty good authority that he has his own planet and just uses Ava as his address. :)

6. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    DSG You may be right ON! But the man can flat out Phishhh:D

7. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    You know you are right Hatch. I used to hang with him a little bit back in the old days. I'm not his friend mind you, I was just around him quite a bit.
    Frankly, he was a better fisherman before he went quite so off the deep end. He was a machine back in those days. :cheers:

Year was about 1990 I'd say and I was party to a conversation with some other folks and him which he was talking about how much more powerfully he could fish because when he had sex he never let himself have orgasm. In other words he was promoting getting there and then just "holding" that in as a source of power. Dead serious. (even if he's right, I don't think I'm willing to participate.) ;)

8. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    I hope Ike gets fined for the dead fish that he culled. Seems like an easy case of over limit to me, and that type of sportsmanship is worse than beating up his own (sponsors) equipment as far as I'm concerned. :stickfight:

9. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

good luck men...

10. hardhuntr

hardhuntr New Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Oak Grove
    I'm thinkin' I would blow up if I tried that. A man needs his release.

Bass fishing is just like sex,,,, and you get to release a lot more!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

11. bigbassmike

bigbassmike New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    wentzville
    Just read that ike got dropped by Ranger Boats because of his hissy fit in the boat.

12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    What'd he do? I missed that...:confused:

13. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    I must have missed that also. Well, rat, it looks like you and me are in the same canoe without a paddle.

14. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    And I'm in the middle, sinking it from both ends! :D

Parker

15. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    We're only in 8ft of water right now. You could get out and wade us over to the bank.

16. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    A motley crew indeed. I think I noticed that ricky clunn did not finish in the top 10 though... cant remember .

17. bigbassmike

bigbassmike New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    wentzville
    Iaconnely threw a fit in his boat when he found out he had some dead fish. Turns out he forgot to turn his livewell pumps on. Then proceeds to break his rear running light pole in half and throw it in the lake, By the way it had the American Flag on it. He also used a large amount of profanity. What was bad he had alot of spectator boats around, with kids.

18. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Loser.. period. Not a ranger boats fan but they did well to cut off that cancer.

19. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Man, I couldn't agree more. He's an alirght fisherman but he's like the Happy Gilmore of the tour. There's just no room for that kind of behavior. I don't care what kind of "positive" promotion he is for the sport of fishing, he just blew it.

20. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    And again, he threw a dead bass out of his boat and said he couldn't worry about it. An obvious violation. BASS didn't accept his stringer that day due to "unsportsmanlike conduct". I don't know if that was due to the light pole breaking/profanity tirade or dumping the dead fish or possibly both. I'll try to find out.