Missing Hustler....

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by caf4, Apr 19, 2006.

1. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    When Rainbow and I went to Truman Lake this past weekend, I thought about my departed friend Troy Moore (Hustler) quite a bit and told a few stories about our fishing trips last year.

Funny how certain things trigger your memory.

:cheers:

2. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Craig, at least you still have the memories!

3. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Know what you mean sir!

4. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Amen to that. And a :cheers: to Hustler. Gone from here, but not forgotten.

5. RB.

RB. Senior Member

May 16, 2003
    warren county
    Craig and I talked about Hustler last weekend and relived the memories. I did not get to fish with him but he attended several of the get togethers and he will be missed. I think we started some new traditions and memories but Hustler will always be watching out for us.

6. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Sure missed him at the pheasant hunt.

:cheers::cheers:

7. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I know how you feel Craig. We were suppose to go bow hunting sometime after gun season.

I finally got his flag case done and will be bringing it over to Huntergirl13 tomorrow night. I take some pictures and post them out here with his flag in it.

8. semodeerhunter

semodeerhunter New Member

Dec 25, 2002
    perryville mo
    Yep he is missed for sure.

9. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    I'll be looking forward to seeing that ven. I'm sure you've done a great job.

Parker

10. every hockey game I think of him,maybe thats why the blues did so poorly they were in morning too:frown:

11. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    I was fishing some of the same trees that Troy, Christina and I fished on our trip last year when I fished on Monday of this week.

There were two or three particular trees that I fished that I was remembering Troy pulling a big headed crappie or three off of. :)

I also remember thinking that Troy was one of the better "hands" that I had ever fished with, and I've fished with lots of people who anyone would recognize their names.

RIP Troy. Your spirit lives on in us. :cheers:

12. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Here are some pictures of the flag case I brought over to Chris.

13. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

14. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Nice job Ven. :cheers:

May all of your bucks have at least 10 points on 'em Troy. :cheers:

Parker

15. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    He'll never be forgotten... that's for sure!!
    :cheers::cheers:

16. huntergirl13

huntergirl13 New Member

Nov 6, 2004
    Ven,
    Thanks again for creating such a beautiful piece... it is much more awesome in person than the pictures show.

Thanks also to everyone else for your kind words. The last five months have been very rough, the boys are still having a very hard time dealing with the changes as am I, but we'll get through it. We have been fishing once this Spring and they commented that it wasn't the same without Dad.

17. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Gary, very nice! I am sure that you will never know waht it means to them that you have done that!

18. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Gary, excellent work.;) Still hard for me to believe he is gone. Saw him the week before at the Truman hunt and he was as chipper as he always was. Crystal and I were talking on the phone yesterday about how unfair life can be. One thing for sure we won't let his memory be forgotten around here.

Jack