Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about the big tubs of mineral that the farmers use for thier cattle? Would one out in the woods attract deer, and would it be good for them? I know they have molases in them, i have no idea what else. They cost $35 or $40.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Get an oak tree, they attract deer.

I don't think that those tubs ATTRACT deer, but if they venture by it and feel a need to check it out they will look into it. Save your money, plant a tree.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
All I use is Super 10 cattle mineral for the deer. 50 lb bag is around $10 and once they find it they seam to use it pretty well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
We have buried one of those huge tubs of mineral and the deer are diggin at it like crazy. In the next couple of weeks I am going to get me a game camera and put it over the mineral. Once I get some pics I will post them. They seem to be going crazy over it though.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get an oak tree, they attract deer.
We have buried one of those huge tubs of mineral and the deer are diggin at it like crazy. In the next couple of weeks I am going to get me a game camera and put it over the mineral. Once I get some pics I will post them. They seem to be going crazy over it though.
Well, sounds like if I put one of them in the middle of a bunch of Oak trees I would have deer running all over the place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.