Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of a little kayak that i can use to get my floating birds. i dont want to take my puppy lab out this year shes just to young and doesnt lisen. im thinking something like 5-6 footer. so i can haul it on my quad. anyone know anything about these? Cabelas has a colapsable canoe, but i it does look good to me. a website or somethin?
thanks for any imputs. ill be hunting by myslef.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I've seen one but can't think of the name of it for the life of me. I'll do some checking and try to get back with.

Were about's you hunting by the way??? Just curious is all.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Well that didn't take to long, just did alittle google search under "kayak hunting boats"and came up with this, as well as quite a few others. The boat is called a Poke Boat.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I used to work for a outdoor shop called "The Alpine Shop," here in the St. Louis area. Some of you may have heard of it. I am also an avid Kayaker, despite the fact that my hunting cuts down on my kayaking these days.

That Poke boat is wildly expensive. I never understood why it is so expensive, but if I remeber, a standard one was $2000 or better. That doodad from BPS looks pretty cool, but since it is specialized, it will probably be a little expensive.

For you money, you might be well served with a boat called Swifty. They are 9'6" and very stable. You can get one of those for about $299 if I recall correctly, in green ;). Paddle and life jacket under $100 easy. A boat any shorter will be too difficult to paddle straight and can be very unstable. This may not seem to matter now, but when your trying to get your decoys on a cold day with a little wind, it will be a huge issue. You'll want to get the job done, fast and dry. Call the store, The Alpine Shop 314-962-7715 and ask for Jon Serfas, he can get you set up.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys for your time and relpys. all those boats/kayaks look really sweet, but the max length is gonna be 6'. im hauling it in the back of my quad to some remote places. the only purpose for this "kayak or boat" that i want,is only for retrieving birds. im parked on the ponds ill be hunting on shore. and ill be by myslef since my dad doesnt want to get into duckhunting "he's just a deer hunter". a 5 footer would be sweet and perfect.
this year will be my 1st year really duck hunting. my dad doesnt want to go so im on my own. im an avid dove hunter and last year i went down to my pond to do some fishing and there was a few pintails on the pond i scared them up and they flew right over me about 15 yards right over me, and i was like damn that would be hella fun shooting shotguns at them birds. so here iam now. my next paycheck im getting deeks, calls, camo bags, and everything else i need for duck hunting, but if i cant get a little 6 footer boat/ kayak i wont be able to go, becuase there would be no way for me to get the birds. and like i said above my puppy yellow lab is too young and doesnt lisen for me to trust here out there. she plays the fake duck in the pond but she dont like to lisen. and plus theres no room on the quad for her. and these place tears my jeep up really bad so ill have to use my atv.

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Bowkil-----How deep is the water at that pond-------You may just be able to get by with waders---a 6 foot boat is not going to be something that you would want to use by yourself-----just in case something happened and in that small of a boat---its just a matter of time. If your going to be hunting by yourself---then you will need to be extra careful that you dont get into a situation where you need help and there is none! Think Safety!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i thought about waders, but these ponds are too deep, and plus these ponds are not the ponds that you want to be swimming or wading in.
plasticman, thats for your concern, but im in great shape and i leave the beer for home im also blessed with common sense. thanks guys i still be looking i might have to make one, but i have no clue on to do so.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Sounds like maybe you need to trade your atv for one of them amphibious 6 wheeled atv's, or invite a fellow duck hunter with a hard workin' yella retriever ;).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.