Milan Area? Any Camp grounds with electric in that area?

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by BIG OL AL, Nov 3, 2010.

1. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    WOO HOO!!! Just found out I will have a place to gun hunt. It is close to Milan. Have never seen the property, but I hear that it is mostly strip woods and allot of fileds. 2 miles from Mystic. Won't be able to check it out until the Friday before opening day. The owner is hunting Pheasants in Wisconsin.
    I checked for Hotels and they are all booked in Milan. So I am either camping or driving 30 miles to get to a Hotel.
    Does anyone know about any camp grounds in that area that have electric hook ups?
    Staying in a tent is going to be rough enough, it would be nice to have electric for a heater and lamp. These old bones don't much like the cold anymore. When younger, I loved the cold. Woke up many of times with a snow covered tent.
    Anyone close to Milan willing to rent out a barn for a weekend or so?

2. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I looked in my campground directory and don't see anything close to Milan. :shrug:

3. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    Thanks Venatic! I figure as much. Oh well guess we will just have to rough it!

4. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I guess my 2010 directory isn't as good as I thought. :thinking:

5. LeeinMo

LeeinMo Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Kearney
    If you can find a hotel or camp ground anywhere this late within 30 miles you better jump on it quick!!!!!

6. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    :eek:: Thanks refuze! They said they can set me up! Opening weekend is looking better.
    I have bow hunted almost every weekend and have yet to see a deer. Hopefully my luck will change come opening day of the firearms.

7. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    [rquote=1878119&tid=130791&author=BIG OL AL]:eek:: Thanks refuze! They said they can set me up! Opening weekend is looking better.
    I have bow hunted almost every weekend and have yet to see a deer. Hopefully my luck will change come opening day of the firearms.[/rquote]

Good deal! I've stayed in their cabins a time or two (I'm sure they are rented out). Good people IMO race car fanatics