Might miss spring terky season.

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Longbow26, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Well went to teh Va on Monday to get my abdomen checked out. I jsut thought it was the tress of the youth hunt event and ohter stresses in life but have been having alot more pain in that area. My GI docter did a rectal swabe after he did an abdonimal check. He calld me today stating they did find blood in my stool so I have to go get the camera run down my throaght and up my wahoo too. It is scheduld for april 25th the day beofr my birthday. PLEASE say some prayers that it is not canser again. Things are going good here I have a wife that loves me and a wonderfull son who does as well. Our finases finally have the chance to straighten out since she got the post office job, even with her only workign on saterdays for now deliverign mail. the potential to work more hrs is there. ANd saterdays only is jsut untill anohter route is avalable and her tern is up for advancing. I have ahd to go with out one of my medacins for last 3 months, the one that has a real good chance of inhibating tumer grown. Since that time I have grown 2 tumers on my rt leg now teh size of a quarter. I jsut fear the pain in my gut is tumers developed in my remaining intestings 6 feet of small intestin is all i got left. I cant aford to have to lose that. If the find any tumers on the scope on the 25th and the docters deside to admite me for more tests I cant say no with out losing my VA benafits. So I will have to miss the opening week atleast. Im hoping it is nothign seriouse, that the blood is from something not seriouse.

2. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Good luck with that buddy. Prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong.

3. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Hang in there LB!! We all wish you the best!

4. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    :withstupid:

Hope you can get out there.

5. firemedjoe

firemedjoe New Member

Good Luck and try to stay postive

6. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    Wish you the best man. PV

7. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    What the heck do you mean you have been without your meds? If the VA is sticking it to you then perhaps we need to get something done here! Being a Vet with full medical I get so freakin pissed off when I hear some vets getting their benefits takin away just because they came in after the wrong date... Can you tell I am pissed! Cowboy Up and let me know if you need a hand up brother!

8. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    Best wishes and best of luck to you! Prayers sent!

9. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    The reason I was with out my medds was it was sent in the mail and never arived. I contacted the va and htey siad it was maild give it soem more time. Still dint arive cald them again and htey put a trace on it. It made it to farmington but never in my mail box. I even went to the house that gets our mail when the mailman missreads the label and sends it to 505 washington instead of 505 walter st to see if they had received it. ALot of times when its the alternet delivery person day our mail goes to rong house. No luck no medacin packadge there. The va said that since they filld it they cant refil it untill its up for refill. I get a 3 month suply of the one medacin since its so inportant that i not go wiht out it. My docter even tried rewritign the script for it but that dint work since its a non formalary script i was told. So I had to go 3 mohts wiht out it. Not case of the va desiding to not give medasince jsut them falloing there proceders. but that you for the willing ness to help. To get this batch that is being maild from KC since it wont be dispenced at the va it slef due to its rarity of perscription i had to sing an afidated that i dint receive the last batch of sent mail. One of my 14 perscriptions arived in mail today, hopign teh rest will fallow sone especially my CELECOXIB 200MG CAP and my ATROPINE 0.025/DIPHENOXYLATE 2.5MG TAB both that greatly inprove my day to day living and keep my remaning intestin in better check.

10. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    At least you are eventually getting them, but my goodness! Now my blood pressure can come down a little. You deserve to bring some cheer into yours' and your families life!

11. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    Godspeed, friend.

Ray

12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Hang in there.. we're praying for you!

13. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    LB, hope and pray for all the best for you.

Jack

14. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo