Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday evening I logged onto a strange computer at my ex's house cause I had to be here and well thats another story...
So anyway after I logged in I hit todays posts and was surprised to have the board rules pop up. I sat there and read thru the first few and honestly was thinking Ok Dave had a stressful day yesterday it was pretty obvious and he has closed down the board for a while..

then I when back to the top and realized I accidnetially hit the board rules button and not the todays posts button.

I have read the board rules but honstly before I was a mod only when they were force fed to us on the open forum because some one did a naughty.

SO that got me to thinking, do you think it would be a good subliminal message to have the todays post button first take you to the board rules for a timed quick look? say pause there for just a short time and THEN take you to todays posts automatically?

Oh and of course can it be done ?

·
Registered
21,191 Posts
I HAVE NOT READ THEM IN A WHILE MYSELF. USUALLY I GO READ THEM WHEN SOMEONE BENDS ME THE WRONG WAY AND STARTS RIPPING ME A NEW ONE FOR SOMETHNIG I DID. THEN I GO READ AND QUOTE PARTS OF IT AND SEND IT TO THEM IN A U2U WITH A LINK TO THE RULES! SO AT TIMES I READ THEM A LOT AND THEN EVERYONE GOES HUNTING AND I GET TO STOP FOR A WHILE!!! LOL

BUT, HERE IS MY ISSUE, WITH AS MANY TIMES AS I HIT THAT TODAYS POST IN ONE SINGLE DAY, I THINK IT WOULD BE REALLY ANNOYING TO SEE THE RULES THAT MUCH.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
[rquote=1563025&tid=108701&author=cfrazee_mo]

BUT, HERE IS MY ISSUE, WITH AS MANY TIMES AS I HIT THAT TODAYS POST IN ONE SINGLE DAY, I THINK IT WOULD BE REALLY ANNOYING TO SEE THE RULES THAT MUCH. [/rquote]

Yeah you'd prolly have to have some Midol.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

·
Registered
13,957 Posts
I may try to see if we can get them to appear after login but I agree with "C" on the todays post.... everyone hits that button way too often to have to bypass the rules page everytime they click on todays posts.....

Everyone does have to read and agree to the rules before they register but like you said Steve. that has been a long time ago for a lot of the members......

Good ID and I'll see if we can at least get it to appear directly after login..

Dave

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
What about those that stay logged in? Would there be a way around that, you know, have the addy set to hit the rules page first as soon as the forum is accessed?

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right I didnt mean every time you hit todays posts just when you log in for the day.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,222 Posts
If there were a way to do it randomly to everyone, it would kind of be a reminder to them now and then.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[rquote=1563341&tid=108701&author=venatic]If there were a way to do it randomly to everyone, it would kind of be a reminder to them now and then.[/rquote]

ew I knida like that even better..... :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.