Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an old i mean old military rifle in the back of my gun safe has no engish writing on it nowhere..it shoots a 7.62x54 shell its an old bolt action and actually with the iron sights on it it shoots good has a old wood stock pretty cool ol gun i just have no idea the nae of the rifle or where it come from or what war it was used in..anybody out there can you help a big dummy out..?:wave:

[Edited on 12-10-2009 by ghbeagles]

[Edited on 12-11-2009 by ghbeagles]

·
Registered
32,436 Posts
I bet if you post a pick of it up, someone could probably identify it.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Yeah , it's a nagant 7.62X54r

[Edited on 12/10/2009 by Mojorisin]

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill try and get some pics tongiht and post them....gun shoots good..just never knew when it ws made or anything like that..just always thought it wa pretty cool ol gun was diggin in my gun closet last night and pulled it out and decided to find out about it...approx what year were they made and are they worth anyting.ill prolly keep it just cause it is a cool ol rifle but just curious what its worth..the metal is all good the wood is old but aint broken or nothen just old and dark brown

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry bout my misprint..i got the gun years ago from a fella needin some money bought it and a old sears shotgun

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is the mosin the only rifle that used that cal bullet or were there others?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Does it look like this
[file]83568[/file]

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yup exactly

·
Registered
32,436 Posts
Or any of these?

[file]83570[/file]

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Doe master will be slobberin over this :)

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
If its got a couple of plugs on the left side of the receiver it could be an old sniper rifle. If not they go for about $79.00.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it has the bigger sight end so i would have to say the m27 m28 or m 39...so any idiea where they originate from?..or how old they might be...or if they have much monetary value?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ill check for the plugs

·
Registered
32,436 Posts
[rquote=1505407&tid=105011&author=ghbeagles]it has the bigger sight end so i would have to say the m27 m28 or m 39...so any idiea where they originate from?..or how old they might be...or if they have much monetary value?[/rquote]

No............No..............and Probably not much........... I think there is a ton of them out there.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
where did they originate from?..and what war maybe?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I got one sporterized in .............................Blaze Orange for my FIL:rof2::claphands::D
[file]83572[/file]

[Edited on 12/10/2009 by Mojorisin]

·
Registered
32,436 Posts
From Wikipedia

The Mosinâ€"Nagant (Russian: Винтовка Мосина, ISO 9: Vintovka Mosina) is a bolt-action, internal magazine fed, military rifle that was used by the armed forces of the Russian Empire, the Soviet Union and various other nations, most of them from Eastern bloc. It gets its name from the Russian Artillery Colonel Sergei Ivanovich Mosin who designed the bolt and receiver, and the Belgian Emile Nagant, who designed the magazine system. His brother, Leon Nagant, was a rifle designer.[1] Also known as the Three-Line Rifle (Трёхлинейная винтовка, ISO 9: Trëhlinejnaâ vintovka), it was the first to use the 7.62x54mmR cartridge.

As a front-line rifle, the Mosinâ€"Nagant served in various forms from 1891 until the 1960s in many Eastern European nations, when the sniper rifle variant was replaced by the SVD (Снайперская винтовка Драгунова, ISO 9: Snajperskaâ vintovka Dragunova). The Mosinâ€"Nagant is still used in many conflicts due to its ruggedness and the vast number produced.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts