Micarta Hunter

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear (General)' started by kbaknife, Feb 11, 2006.

1. kbaknife

kbaknife New Member

Dec 16, 2005
    And you guys thought I've been goofin' off!
    Not!
    This thing is incredibly sweet to hold in the hand!
    A little "Out of the box" for me, but I couldn't be happier!
    Differentially heat treated 5160, fully forged from heavy stock.
    Nickel silver guard and butt cap.
    Mild steel pommel nut.
    Slag blasted Black Canvas Micarta for my "Survival Finish". (When it gets wet, it almost sticks to your hand!)
    Full take-down construction.
    Should ofer someone many years of hard service.
    I realy did build this one from the get-go to be a good belt knife. All the way back from when I was bangin' on it on my anvil.
    Hope you guys enjoy it!

2. thats a sweet knife! Id enjoy it even more if i could aford it. Great work!!!:cheers:

3. JarJar

JarJar New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    That is AMAZING! I didn't think that you could out do yourself from that last knife that you posted, but I think that you may have with this one! :dancin:

4. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

As always, outstanding!!!

5. Boy that handle almost looks like a hologram. that is for sure one fine knife.

chad

6. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

That is beautiful...

7. Awesome job! Glad to see people still doing it for themselves, BY HAND!

BTH

8. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    nice

That's a good looking Knife there. Looks like it'd be comfortable to hold in your Hand and to use... :cheers:

9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I need another knife like I need another hole in the head. Just for curisoity.......how much would that knife cost to a friend from MWT that would give it a good home for ever and never ever drop it and would keep it sharp all the time and would sleep with it under his pillow for safe keeping and never let the wife use it as a screwdriver and would tell all his friends and relatives just where and how they too could own such a fine piece of workmanship?

10. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    take a look at his web site it is posted at the bottom of all his post in his sig..... I am not a knife collecter but the prices don't look bad for the work he has in them thats for sure

11. kbaknife

kbaknife New Member

Dec 16, 2005
    "I need another knife like I need another hole in the head. Just for curisoity.......how much would that knife cost to a friend from MWT that would give it a good home for ever and never ever drop it and would keep it sharp all the time and would sleep with it under his pillow for safe keeping and never let the wife use it as a screwdriver and would tell all his friends and relatives just where and how they too could own such a fine piece of workmanship? "

Do you sleep on a water bed?
    Hope not.
    Since I put the extra effort in it to create the take-down assembly, I should charge $400.00.
    But since your wife can't use it to tighten your loose screws, $350.00.
    By the way, I put as much time into my sheaths as some makers do their knives!

12. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Another great lookin knofe!!
    :cheers::cheers:

I also looked at you website: there are A LOT of awesome looking knives there!:eek:

13. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    That is a BEAUTIFUL knife, man. Awesome work!