Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing the game cam pic, I came across this article posted on a hunting site. Scary stuff,

Meth Wars

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
This is something that is happening here as well, last season we had a couple of hunter fired on and 2 cookers were arrested at the hospital. No charges brought on the hunters.

·
19,585 Posts
The situation was even worse in Missouri, where the number of meth incidents jumped from 439 in 1999 to 2,885 in 2003 before falling slightly (to 2,788) in 2004. In those years nearly 70 percent of the dumps were found in the Mark Twain National Forest, one of the best places to hunt in the state.
:frown:

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Originally posted by Chairman
The situation was even worse in Missouri, where the number of meth incidents jumped from 439 in 1999 to 2,885 in 2003 before falling slightly (to 2,788) in 2004. In those years nearly 70 percent of the dumps were found in the Mark Twain National Forest, one of the best places to hunt in the state.
:frown:
Man that is scary. Everyone I know hunts in MTNF.

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
The Highway Patrol has done three meth cleanups on my property. Two of them were actively cooking.:eek:

Since the election of a new sherriff and the formation of the Meth Coalition in Adair Co., the problem has moved away. :)

The fellow that was cooking on my place is now residing in the state pen.:dancin:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Sad thing........

Question for the lawyers or anyone who knows law.
If a person is trespassing on your land making meth and he attempts to shoot you, do you have the right to take him out? I believe a person should be able to and second, what are the chances of a person going to prison for shooting said turd?

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
If a low lifecomes on my property and opens fire you can bet if I have a gun I will return fire! Already happened when tresspassers decided to ruin my days hunt by firing off a few rounds. I returned fire just over the hill they were hiding behind.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
depends how deep you bury him:Dhavn't ever found any meth labs but come across some pot fields before.when we first got the farm there was a old house that people had lived in prior .went up to the attic there was about 500 pounds in some big baggies up there.thought uhh we could pay for the farm real quick here.decided to call the authorities he came and got it real quick.wasn't ever anything about it in the paper,weird thing was the guy that got it built a real nice home six months later.always wondered about that:roll2:

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Originally posted by coyotehunter
depends how deep you bury him:Dhavn't ever found any meth labs but come across some pot fields before.when we first got the farm there was a old house that people had lived in prior .went up to the attic there was about 500 pounds in some big baggies up there.thought uhh we could pay for the farm real quick here.decided to call the authorities he came and got it real quick.wasn't ever anything about it in the paper,weird thing was the guy that got it built a real nice home six months later.always wondered about that:roll2:
:D

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Well I'll post it again. This is why the MDC telling us that we cannot have a sidearm during bowseason is total B.S. I think our safety is a little more important than worrying if one of us is going to be tempted into using our .45 to take a pot shot at a deer. I dont want to stumble onto a meth lab with nothing but my bow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.