Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Messed up tonight

612 views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  DForbis 
#1 ·
Before I tell the story let me say that I knew better.

So I get home at 10 till 5 tonight and decide to run to the lease and see if I can't find a doe to fill my ML tag with. The deer have really been in the picked corn fields so I figured I would get a chance. I pull in to my lease and immediately see a doe feeding in the field. I got out and made a stalk on her. After getting to what I thought was in range (forgot rangefinder) I got steady and squeezed a shot off. With all the smoke I couldn't see what happened. I pull the binocs up after the shot and see what I believe is my doe trotting into the finger. I then see a deer come out of the same finger along with another following it. There is a Nice buck. He was hobbling on his back leg. Can't tell you exactly how many points, but he had good width. BAD thing about all this is that I only took the one shot with me. In my hurry to get to the woods I grabbed the wrong coat and left my quickloads in the other coat.:mad2::stickfight:
Guess I will have to get after him with the bow this weekend:cheers: It appeared that he wasn't going to leave the doe he was following:cheers:

#8 ·
Had been for a while NMBB, but I didn't tell that in the story. There was 10 minutes or better that passed with the doe in the field!!! I am pretty sure this buck was in a brushpile or in the dry creek that runs through the finger cause he just showed up out of nowhere

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.