Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went ut and done it, finaly bought a big screen tv...we've been in need of a replacement for a while, and what the heck...

46" LCD Sharp. I'd have pics, but the cam is lost:whiteflag:
either way, movie watching just got way more funner:rock:

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
I love mine but I have a plasma

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we debated plasma vs lcd...

my inlaws have a plasma and the screen gets blotchy sometimes when switching from light to dark scenes really fast, its a samsung or something like that. we got a decent deal on this one i think...1081.00 out the door, best buy wanted 1600 for the same tv.

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

:dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin:

guitar hero will never be the same:rock:

·
Grrrrrrr
29,888 Posts
We just did the same thing. Went with a 40 inch Samsung LCD. Was going to go 46 inch but would have needed a new entertainment center as well but we really like the one we have so we went with 40 inch. TV isn't that great on it but DVD's look awesome.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Originally posted by Jeremy

Congrats on the T.V. ! Glad to see you bought a Sharp!!!
They are awesome!! Had mine 2 years now, and I am not sorry I bought it.You will get better pictures with an LCD in a bright room vs a plasma.Plus, it will out last a plasma.:cheers:

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by dookie
Originally posted by Jeremy

Congrats on the T.V. ! Glad to see you bought a Sharp!!!
They are awesome!! Had mine 2 years now, and I am not sorry I bought it.You will get better pictures with an LCD in a bright room vs a plasma.Plus, it will out last a plasma.:cheers:
i heard that too, this has that anti-glare screen deal too.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Jeremy we did the same thing yesterday. I was looking at the 46 samsung and happened upon a 52 sharp that they gave me a hell of a deal on. The wife just ordered HD and it will get put in Jan 6. I had to have the father in-law come over and adj. everything cause I don't have the patience.:dancin:

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i had my heart set on a 50" toshiba, but nobody had it in stock...anywhere:shrug:

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
This is the best time to buy a big screen. Most manufacturers come out with their new models in Feb. That's why you are seeing great deals now and before Super Bowl, or why models are out of stock.
Retailers are trying to get rid of this years models before the new ones come out.:2thumbsup:

So if anyone is thinking about buying a new t.v, the next few weeks is the time!:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts