meremac?

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by Jeremy, May 23, 2009.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    anyone been goin lately? kind of wondering how many people are showing up there on average these days.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
  3. call them......... it will be like opening day this weekend though

4. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    i wont really have any time to go on weekends. the crowd is usually less during the week, which is a plus.

5. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    I might go this evening but I haven't decided for sure yet.

6. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

You have to think about it being the Vacation season... It will be getting more crowded as the summer goes on... even through the week.

7. seth_turner_04

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    [rquote=1273042&tid=89095&author=Gakic24]You have to think about it being the Vacation season... It will be getting more crowded as the summer goes on... even through the week.[/rquote]

Not really. It's a lot less busy in the summer from noon till the buzzer. That's when I enjoy going down there the most because there's actually room to fish the good spots.

8. Gakic24

If he wants to take his boys I would reccomend going for the buzzer....

i never go to any trout park before noon anymore....

9. seth_turner_04

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    I still need to go down with him sometime and show them how we catch those trout later in they day. The buzzer bite is the easiest, but it's pretty hectic especially when you are trying to help kids.

Jeremy let me know if you want to head down there sometime on the weekend and I'll try and go down myself and help you out. :cheers:

10. Gakic24

are you a jig fisherman like myself?

11. seth_turner_04

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    I prefer jig fishing, but if I'm feeling lazy or if they just prefer it I will drift bait. Hard to beat a green and white rubber legged jig down there at Maramec. Do you fish Roaring River since you are in Springfield?

12. Gakic24

I go to Bennett Springs more... Havent been to Roaring River in years... Bennett is ony aroudn 45 minutes away.

13. seth_turner_04

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    I've been to Bennett and Montauk each once in my life. I enjoyed fishing those more than Maramec thanks to the zones. Maramec is just a lot closer than the others so I just go there when I want some trout. Maybe you, me and Phillip can meet up and fish Bennett one of these days.

14. Gakic24

15. Bennett is where its at all the other parks suck fishing wise to it