Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below are pics of 3 of the 4 deer that the group killed in Mercer County this year...One other buck was killed during bow season...I would say they had a good year....It is only 280 acres and only about 40 acres of woods...

The biggest deer killed was killed by a friend of mine and he weighed around 260lbs...

They killed the 3 bucks the first week of gun season....

Not bad for a group of South Mississippi Boys....

Enjoy

[file]81874[/file] [file]81876[/file] [file]81878[/file]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was no fence...They had to wait a few days because of the rain...These pics were taken right before they started processing them..

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
[rquote=1491882&tid=104216&author=Doubleshot75]Great bucks......

Was this a low or no fence property? The lack of orange just made me wonder.

[/rquote]

x2:thinking:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you notice, they were all taken in the same place...these pics were taken 2 and 3 days after the deer was shot...The spot is where they process the deer...They just put the gun in front of the deer to show they shot it with a gun...

Also, if you doubters will look at the pic below, he sent me one from his cell phone on the biggest deer they shot...It's a little grainy but it might ease your doubts...

[file]81880[/file]

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
1st of all, great bucks. Glad you all had a good season.

Second, get off the "no orange in the pics" train people. Just because they aren't wearing it in the pics doesn't mean they weren't wearing it in the field. Go back through the threads posted from this last years gun season and see how many "non-orange" pics there are. Geesh.

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
[rquote=1491906&tid=104216&author=Heeler75]
Go back through the threads posted from this last years gun season and see how many "non-orange" pics there are. Geesh.[/rquote]

Ok.....:D

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
[rquote=1491907&tid=104216&author=Gakic24][rquote=1491906&tid=104216&author=Heeler75]
Go back through the threads posted from this last years gun season and see how many "non-orange" pics there are. Geesh.[/rquote]

Ok.....:D[/rquote]

As if you've got anything more productive to do. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you....

I reckon all it takes in one TURD in the punch bowl to ruin the punch...

Also, if you look at the other pic I posted, the hunter was wearing orange when they took the pic right after he killed it...

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
[rquote=1491908&tid=104216&author=Heeler75][rquote=1491907&tid=104216&author=Gakic24][rquote=1491906&tid=104216&author=Heeler75]

Ok.....:D[/rquote]

As if you've got anything more productive to do. :D[/rquote]

:whistle:

Lets see...... Work at 2:45.....
Maybe your right...:D

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
[rquote=1491909&tid=104216&author=tmhrmh]Thank you....

I reckon all it takes in one TURD in the punch bowl to ruin the punch...[/rquote]

I agree.....:wave:

·
Registered
14,172 Posts
great bucks for sure!!!! them mississippi boys probably dont see deer with those big bodies down south, a treat for sure!!!!

ps..... roll tide!!! :claphands:

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,953 Posts
[rquote=1491909&tid=104216&author=tmhrmh]Thank you....

Also, if you look at the other pic I posted, the hunter was wearing orange when they took the pic right after he killed it...[/rquote]

I am making this comment, only as an FYI. iF that pic was truly taken moments after the kill... In MO, an orange hat is required too..... Not trying to stir any :stirpot: Just letting you know...

Nice deer for sure... But I sure as heck wouldn't wait 3 days to field dress one......

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
[rquote=1491894&tid=104216&author=tmhrmh]If you notice, they were all taken in the same place...these pics were taken 2 and 3 days after the deer was shot...The spot is where they process the deer...They just put the gun in front of the deer to show they shot it with a gun...

Also, if you doubters will look at the pic below, he sent me one from his cell phone on the biggest deer they shot...It's a little grainy but it might ease your doubts...

[/rquote]

Just to confirm.... I'm not a "doubter". I just look at a lot of pics, and usually when I see several field pics with no orange it's usually from a game farm. I understand guys take off orange, I was just asking out of curiosity because if it was a game farm.... my next question was gonna be which one!

Thanks for sharing the :kewlpics:

:grouphug:

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
[rquote=1491923&tid=104216&author=callaojoe][rquote=1491909&tid=104216&author=tmhrmh]Thank you....

Also, if you look at the other pic I posted, the hunter was wearing orange when they took the pic right after he killed it...[/rquote]

I am making this comment, only as an FYI. iF that pic was truly taken moments after the kill... In MO, an orange hat is required too..... Not trying to stir any :stirpot: Just letting you know...

Nice deer for sure... But I sure as heck wouldn't wait 3 days to field dress one......[/rquote]

What is the risk of waiting 3 days to field dress a deer? I've never waited that long, but that's just because I never questioned the "general rule" of field dressing your kill right away. Is there a risk or negative reaction to waiting that long? If so, what is it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think the last one they killed was maybe killed the same day the pics was taken....

Maybe that is why he isn't field dressed....

To be sure, what exactly is the rule for wearing orange???

Do you have to have it on while you are in the woods or while you are not hunting or what is it...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts