Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year I plan to process my own deer again. Last year I started using and old Oster meat grinder that I had used the year before, and it left a lot to be desired. It didn't grind well, got clogged easy, and was slow. It was however, free. It self-destructed after 20 minutes last year. I borrowed a Lem that was bought at Bass Pro for $299. It did a great job. I am searching out a meat grinder that would do a a decent job (maybe not as good as the Lem), but would be cheaper. Bass Pro and Cabales both have nice grinders at about $299+, but thats a little out of my budget. Anyone know of other products that are worth their salt and hopefully under $200? I am looking for any suggestions.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
I might suggest that you borrow the Lem again, or ask the owner if you paid half the price could you use it any time you needed.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really don't want to bother him for the Lem again. Although, I do like the idea. He let me use it to bail me out of a problem, but I don't think he really was thrilled about it. If I had spent $300 on a grinder, I don't think I would want to loan it out either.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Check around for sales or butchers going out of business. We picked up a grinder for our deer processing for a few hundred bucks. Not bad for a $1500 grinder...you'll be glad in the end that you did it.
Our grinder will once grind a deer in less than a minute...can't beat that! The second grinding with the smaller plate is slower, but we package it from the grinder so it slows that process down.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Check for a grinder at auctions too. The old ones are A WHOLE lot more durable than these newer ones.

I'm with Hoytshooter on his idea too.

Parker

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I noticed today that Wal Mart has some electric meat grinders out in the hunting sections. I cant remember the name brand or price and I'll suspect they wont be top of the line by any means but just thought I'd pass along the info.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
i'm with hoyt and parker on this those little thing are just toys,get you a good one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.