Me and prob a million others

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by cfdjay, Mar 8, 2006.

1. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    I'm always looking for deals and I'm a scentlok/scentblocker freak, soooooo if anyone comes across some great deals please let me know!!!
  2. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Okay, now, I'll keep my eyes open, but I'd like to know what experiences you have had to show that the stuff is worth buying?

I have not been convinced yet.

3. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    i was in a down fall
    and a forky walk straight
    in to me with a very lite
    air moving strait into his nose
    i was wearing sent lock and
    he was only about ten steps out
    he dident have a clue that i was there.
  4. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I think Parker's saying that you can get the same effect for pennies on the dollar by making your own. I do the same thing.
    I've had countless experiences like the one described above and I havn't bought the commercial stuff for quite some time.
    I had a supply of scent eliminating spray from sept 15th to jan 15th this year for probably about $2.00 if that.
  5. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Hoyt, I meant the clothing.

Vince, More than anything, it builds confidence for me. We all know thats what it takes.
  6. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Yep.. thats the key.. tiz why turk huntin theres a particular mouf call i like.. jus cuz ive killed a few birds usin it.. not that its any better.. its the confidence factor
  7. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO

Gotcha. I know lots of guys that are the same way with the clothing. I agree that the confidence factor goes a long way! I'll keep my eyes peeled
  8. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Yep, I'm with you. Anything to keep you in the stand for more hours. God knows I didn't spend enough time out this year!

9. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Vince, as far as actual experiences, I'd have to say one thing is for sure. I'm not gonna start making these outrageous claims but I will say I have more deer around me that are much more relaxed. I'm also a scent feak about showering, sprays, washing clothes etc etc. I even take precautions on the interior of my truck. I have this routine I follow each and everytime I go into the woods. If I told you what it was, you'd think I was a lunatic.
  10. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Your already suspect,,for hanging out with us:rotfl::rotfl:

11. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    LOL...Damn good point
  12. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    I don't own any not sure it's worth it either. I play the wind and knowledge of the lay of the land together helps keep me from being detected.
  13. A friend of mine in Arkansas has a hookup on ScentLok leafy wear suits for $150....When I get home this weekend I'll try and get a pic and post it.....It is some good stuff....Let me know if your interested and I'll give ya his #
  14. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Tim, that would be great!!
  15. Ginger

Ginger Administrator Staff Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Chariton County
    There was a small rack at BP in St. Charles that was 50% off. I believe some of it was the scentlok type stuff. On the heavier coats the prices were still $150 or higher.
  16. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog Active Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Maryland Heights,Mo
    Most times when Im turkey hunting and dont have any cover scent on and have bug spray on I have deer walk by very close and dont have a clue im there. About all I use is earth blend cover scent and have no problems.