Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Under appreciated
91,832 Posts
it got used by a few, but would get have definitely been utilized by more with the full inclusion, that is just a fact as they are easier to kill with than a bow, now to what level, that is debatable for sure, but more than the miniscule amount that archers used the 3rd tag.
Good thing they took it away then to keep the greedy crossbow hunter from killing up all the bucks. You should be in favor of the decision.

Would be even better if we went to one buck rule. That would further hamstring the crossbow slobs from killing up all your deer.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Good thing they took it away then to keep the greedy crossbow hunter from killing up all the bucks. You should be in favor of the decision.

Would be even better if we went to one buck rule. That would further hamstring the crossbow slobs from killing up all your deer.
OBR sort of flies in the face of everything they are trying to do today.

Letting bucks live, increases the spread of CWD. I'm surprised they aren't giving us our third tag back, and letting us kill 2 bucks with a rifle, or maybe all 3. :D

·
Under appreciated
91,832 Posts
Do they still have a breakdown on the age class of bucks getting shot yearly?

I've put in an email to request this info but have not heard back yet.
You might email them again to remind.
I had a couple of requests waiting for deer data from late last year and they finally sent me what I wanted out of the blue a couple weeks ago. Someone found my correspondence with the Custodian of Records and couldnt find a responsive email back to me, said it was because they had a lot of very similar requests tat the same time.

Reactions: letemgrow
81 - 85 of 85 Posts