Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Not Iowa, but the others yes and other than KY all have late firearms (IL a 3 day the 2nd weekend of MO).

Agree 100% with OTR tags and the price of them make MO a no-brainer destination. Missouri is a very good state to hunt deer & turkey, ESPECIASLLY when compared to the southern states. I would rather gig the NR with more costs (since we have the tax monies), but charge a reciprocal fees of what their state charges, if it is more than we currently charge the NR.
If I lived in MS for instance, I'd hunt MO in November all I could... MS ain't worth hunting until at least December from what I've seen.

I suspect, AL LA, AR pretty much the same deal.

I would be real curious to see the NR stats from the last 10 years.

NR tag sales, NR deer checked by season, type of deer, and method used.

I suspect it's been steadily increasing over that period. Maybe a slight bump when xbows came in, but I seriously doubt it was much of a bump.

Reactions: 20'

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Oh..... And unless MDC drastically changes something, the increase in NR hunters is going to continue to rise.

·
Super Moderator
25,703 Posts
If I lived in MS for instance, I'd hunt MO in November all I could... MS ain't worth hunting until at least December from what I've seen.

I suspect it's been steadily increasing over that period. Maybe a slight bump when xbows came in, but I seriously doubt it was much of a bump.

I would like to see that data as well, the real data.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I would like to see that data as well, the real data.
All they have to do, is give me access to their database, I can write the queries to pull the reports in about an hour. :D

·
Super Moderator
25,703 Posts

Iowa did their residents a solid by having NR draw and no guarantees, therefore keeping more land from getting leased by NR who likely won't get to hunt iowa every year.

Wasnt too terribly long ago KS did NOT allow any NR, but they screwed that up:)

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
I think it's Non-Resi related as much as anything else. Missouri has become the "goto" state for Non-Resi archery hunting.

With IL, IA, KS all surrounding MO, and MO having OTC Tags.... I stands to reason if you either don't draw or can't afford the tag to those other three states, come to MO where tags are easy to get, and relatively cheap, and there are millions of acres of public ground with pretty good deer hunting on them.

I suspect this will keep getting worse, until MDC decides to stem the flow of Non-Resi's......
These are not out of staters unless they are renting a truck with Mo plates

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
These are not out of staters unless they are renting a truck with Mo plates
One of the reasons for crossbow inclusion, was to get more people in the woods hunting deer. So, I rek'n it's working out. :D

·
Super Moderator
25,703 Posts
NR has steadily been increasing the last 5 years, is that % too high, I don't know.

In 2011nR killed 3300 bucks
In 2019 NR killed 6000 bucks

that is significant, maybe??

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
NR has steadily been increasing the last 5 years, is that % too high, I don't know.

In 2011nR killed 3300 bucks
In 2019 NR killed 6000 bucks

that is significant, maybe??
where are you seeing that?

·
Under appreciated
91,935 Posts
Lifting APRS has no effect on increased buck harvest. :D :D

·
Under appreciated
91,935 Posts
not sure how many people still huntedbefore the opportunity was taken away....and not to offset and slow the xgun onslaught:confused:
People use the argument that it didn’t get used anyway, so why take it away?
That argument is easily turned back around on them.
I would have been hunting last week of it was still offered.

·
Super Moderator
25,703 Posts
People use the argument that it didn’t get used anyway, so why take it away?
That argument is easily turned back around on them.
I would have been hunting last week of it was still offered.
it got used by a few, but would get have definitely been utilized by more with the full inclusion, that is just a fact as they are easier to kill with than a bow, now to what level, that is debatable for sure, but more than the miniscule amount that archers used the 3rd tag.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
I used my third buck tag a lot. I just never filled it.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts