Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Quack
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Maddog3355

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Where else should it go in a flooding incident ?

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I don't think he will be back. I heard they gave him a bicycle and told him to join the circus.

· Quack
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not flooding around Eureka. And there isn't really a population of bears close.
Ive got pictures of bears in Jefferson Franklin Crawford and Washington counties

Reactions: 20'

· Registered
221 Posts
Not even a big deal to see one in Washington or iron county anymore.
Granted I'm mainly just down there during deer season and some occassional scouting trips the few months prior to it, but I always hope to see one of them down in Pea Ridge CA, just not up too close and too late in the day/night. No luck yet though. Short of being attacked I don't think I could get myself to pull the trigger on one.

· Registered
961 Posts
I know that area. I’m not too far from there. Usually people see them while driving or on trail cameras. The man who owns property next to me got a picture of a momma with 2 cubs within a week of my entire trash can getting dragged into the woods about 200 yards. Miles of uninhabited Forest here for them to dwell safely in. I would be more worried about mountain lions.

· Registered
4,740 Posts
Bears are cool. Spring is when they seem to get in the most trouble. I know of two different turkey camps that have had bears raid the food coolers. In both times the hunters left camp to hunt and came back to find a bear in their tent. I know the campground at Council Bluff has bears in it occasionally. Camping "bear aware" is something Missourians need to get used to. I know a deer hunter this past deer season that had a bear attack his deer decoy. He got it on video. Cool to watch.

I called a bear while predator calling. It came right in on a string to about 25 yards. At the time it felt a little sporty, it popping its jaws and bouncing up on its back legs to look me over and then moving in a half circle around me. I was by myself and miles cross country from the truck. I fired a round over the bears head and was yelling and waving my arms and it finally figured it all out. Researching bear behavior I now realize the bear wasn't trying to eat me, just identify what that camo figure was exactly. The disturbing move around me was the bear going downwind to get my scent. Once that happened he got squared away.

I hunt near the Current River and the elk restoration area. Mountain Lions have killed five elk here. We have lions. When you shoot that deer with your bow just at dark, then you're tracking and then deboning, quartering and backpacking the meat back to the truck a mile or so in the dark you better not let your thoughts wander to the subject of lions and bears. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.