Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MDC has reduced number of counties included in zone in response to new research findings.

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) announces it has reduced the number of counties in its management zone for chronic wasting disease (CWD) from 48 to 29 starting in July. Changes to the CWD Management Zone will impact restrictions on feeding deer, antler-point restrictions, antlerless permits for some counties, and mandatory CWD sampling.

The 29 counties now included in MDC's CWD Management Zone are: Adair, Barry, Cedar, Chariton, Christian, Crawford, Franklin, Gasconade, Hickory, Howell, Jefferson, Knox, Linn, Macon, Mercer, Oregon, Ozark, Perry, Polk, Putnam, St. Charles, St. Clair, St. Francois, Ste. Genevieve, Stone, Sullivan, Taney, Warren, and Washington.

· just a no body
16,272 Posts
Recent MDC research shows more than 90 percent of bucks in Missouri disperse less than 10 miles.

Based on this recent research, MDC is removing the following counties from its CWD Management Zone because they are more than 10 miles from locations where cases of CWD have been found: Benton, Bollinger, Boone, Callaway, Cape Girardeau, Carroll, Cole, Cooper, Dade, Grundy, Livingston, Madison, McDonald, Miller, Moniteau, Morgan, Osage, Randolph, Schuyler, Scotland, Shelby, and St. Louis.

MDC notes that Cole and Moniteau counties were removed because no cases of CWD have been found in the area after extensive follow-up CWD testing after a single case was confirmed in Cole County in 2015.

MDC added Christian, Howell, and Oregon counties to the CWD Management Zone because of recent CWD detections in Oregon, Stone, and Taney counties.

· Under appreciated
93,230 Posts
What a travesty... the mdc sucks and should be disbanded and all regs they made in the recent past or otherwise should be rescinded and the power to regulate given back to the people.
#blastthoserefuges
#cwdisallhype
#hogdoggingeverywhere

75,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What a travesty... the mdc sucks and should be disbanded and all regs they made in the recent past or otherwise should be rescinded and the power to regulate given back to the people.
#blastthoserefuges
#cwdisallhype
#hogdoggingeverywhere
#WhatWouldBernieDo?

Reactions: rat

· Banned
7,215 Posts
Wait, so you’re telling me that not only am I getting my nonres landowner tag, I also get to stop melting all my salt in hot water, the neighbor doesn’t get tags for owning 15 acres, AND they can’t shoot little bucks!! Christmas came early for the Ninja this year boys!! That’s what happens when your living right. Time to get DRUNK!! :cheers:

75,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did they officially change the LO requirements for free tags, or is it still under consideration? Had not heard anything official yet..... :thinking:

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Wait, so you're telling me that not only am I getting my nonres landowner tag, I also get to stop melting all my salt in hot water, the neighbor doesn't get tags for owning 15 acres, AND they can't shoot little bucks!! Christmas came early for the Ninja this year boys!! That's what happens when your living right. Time to get DRUNK!! :cheers:
No. As of right now the only just the apr stuff is officially removed. The landowner tag stuff is still in process I believe.

· Registered
6,911 Posts
tHE REST OF THE STORY , IF BUCKS MOVE 10 MILES A YEAR THE DISTANCE THAT NEEDS TO BE COVERED INCREASES 10 MILES A YEAR. iT APPEARS THE MATH WAS WORKING.
BREAKING NEWS MDC HAS DISCOVERED WHAT THE REST OF THE WORLD ALREADY KNEW. nO NEW CASES ARE FOUND WHERE THEY ARE NOT TESTED FOR.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.