MDC post

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by 90acres, Nov 4, 2010.

1. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    Regarding the MaconPLC post.

What is NRCS and how would I find their number?

2. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO

3. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    can you get the assistance on leased land????????

4. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

[rquote=1880189&tid=130942&author=macon county boy]can you get the assistance on leased land????????[/rquote]

No, I imagine that the resources are there just for the landowner.

5. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    See if the landowner is interested in any kind of cost share projects, and if so, find out from the NRCS what is available for that property, and see about getting the landowner in there to line things out.

Parker

6. OutbackBio

OutbackBio Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Kansas City
    90acres, have you ever worked with your local Private Land Conservationist with MDC? This would be a good idea if you haven't. They will help you figure out what programs either Federal or State will work best for you and get you squared away. Go to http://mdc.mo.gov/regions , on the right hand side you will see 'who is my local contact'. Click your county and there will be a listing for the PLC near you. Good luck and let me know if you have any problems.

7. farmnhunt

farmnhunt Active Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Lebanon
    what county are you in? if your in Cole the number is 573-893-5196.

8. HabitatMD

HabitatMD Active Member

Jan 4, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo
    [rquote=1880316&tid=130942&author=wildbio]90acres, have you ever worked with your local Private Land Conservationist with MDC? This would be a good idea if you haven't. They will help you figure out what programs either Federal or State will work best for you and get you squared away. Go to http://mdc.mo.gov/regions , on the right hand side you will see 'who is my local contact'. Click your county and there will be a listing for the PLC near you. Good luck and let me know if you have any problems.[/rquote]

If I may just add a little feedback, sometimes PLC's aren't very "customer service" oriented and hopefully the NRCS folks are much better.

9. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    Thanks for the info. I live in Cole, my ground is in Osage. I had a walkthru with a plc about 10 years ago but couldn't afford to do anything, I'll have to see what I can learn.

Is NRCS and PLC related programs?

10. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    PLC is going to be best geared to be able to explain to you how you can use NRCS programs to help benefit wildlife on a property.

Parker

11. racks-n-beards

racks-n-beards Chiefs FANatic

The office for Osage county is in Linn. Combined office so whatever your questions they will have the people there to answer.

897-3797

Give em a call. I do, all the time!! :D

12. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    thanks guys:2thumbsup:

13. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    I don't think I can add much advice, so I'll just share my experience. I've worked directly with my PLC for the last 5 years & he's done nothing but steer me in the right direction & taken me by the hand when needed. He's been my go between between the NRCS, MDC & FSA offices in getting me qualified for whatever programs best suited our goals for our farm. The most recent experience is getting us setup with the MDC on a WHIP program involving TSI(timber stand improvement) Edge feathering & green browse establishment.

Give em a call 90, they're there to work with you.